Home Security Systems Facts
Safety.com conducted a home security survey to find out more about security system ownership and the motivation behind security alarm purchases. Here’s a few insights about home security systems:
- Just 38% of Americans own a home security product.
- Of respondents who don’t own a home security product, 33% choose not to because they can’t afford it.
- 50% of respondents who own security products wanted to add extra security to their home.
- Home security product ownership is most popular amongst 18-34 year olds, with 41% of this demographic owning a security product or system.
- Video doorbells are the most popular security product owned (18.2%) with a professionally monitored home security system (16.2%) as 2nd most popular.
- 74.3% of survey respondents said their new home security system or product makes them feel safe.