With the Night Owl Doorbell Camera, you can add extra protection to your front door, garage door, or any other entry-way of your home. A doorbell camera allows you to monitor visitors and activity outside your door, so you can get notifications for packages (and potentially prevent package theft). If you’ve been looking for a doorbell camera for your home, the Night Owl Video Doorbell costs less than $100, provides the essentials for monitoring with no monthly fee, and comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty. Here’s a closer look at the tech specs to help you decide if the Night Owl Doorbell Camera is right for you.
See Clearly with 1080p HD Video
While many security cameras and video doorbell cameras come with 1080p HD video, the Night Owl Doorbell Camera is no different. Whenever motion is detected, the camera will begin to record. This doorbell camera also has a dual sensor designed to reduce false alerts up to 90%, distinguishing the difference between people, animals, and vehicles. This allows you to get accurate notifications for activity that matters.
Listen and Talk to Visitors with Two-Way Audio
See and talk to family members or friends who stop by with two-way audio. The doorbell camera is motion-activated, so it will record video and audio whenever motion is detected. If you’re expecting a professional or service-person for home maintenance, you can talk to them via the Night Owl mobile app and doorbell camera. For unwelcome guests, like porch pirates, you can try to thwart their plans by letting them know they are being recorded.
See Clearly at Night with 30 Feet of Night Vision
When the day is done, this Night Owl video doorbell will continue to do its job if an activity is suspected overnight. It provides up to 30 feet of night vision in black and white and a wide 140-degree field of view so you can see more areas of your property.
Stream Video to Your TV
Want to see what’s happening outside your door on your TV? If you have a smart TV or Chromecast, you can stream video to one of your TVs. Also, with a Google Home device, you can issue voice commands to Google Assistant for streaming video to your TV. One of the perks is that you’ll be able to see what’s happening outside your home on a larger screen versus viewing on your smartphone.
Made with an IP-54 weather resistant rating, this device is made to work through rain or shine. This Night Owl Doorbell Camera comes with two faceplate covers, so that you can mount it flatly or at an angle — depending on your current setup. There’s no battery, so as long as you have power to your doorbell setup, you won’t have to worry about recharging or replacing any batteries. This device also comes with the hardware you need for self-installation.
No Monthly Fee for Video Storage
Pay no monthly fees to review and record video, which is a bonus compared to other brands. Night Owl allows you to use a microSD card (up to 128GB) for video storage. Or, if you’d prefer, you can pair this doorbell camera with a compatible Night Owl camera system and hard drives like the 1080p HD Wireless NVR Video Security System or the 1080p HD Wired + Wireless Security System.
- An existing doorbell connection
- A home Wi-Fi internet connection
If you’re looking for related products or alternatives to the Night Owl Doorbell Camera, here are several other home security solutions to consider.
- Best for a Home Security System
1. SimpliSafe Video Doorbell ProOur rating
The SimpliSafe Video Doorbell Pro is one of the more affordable video doorbell options. It can be used as a standalone doorbell camera or with the SimpliSafe home security solution. Here’s a breakdown of SimpliSafe’s Video Doorbell Pro features:
- 1080 HD resolution
- Two-way audio
- Motion-triggered mobile alerts
- Dual-sensor for people detection
- Digital pan and zoom
The SimpliSafe Video Doorbell Pro requires a wired doorbell set up and wifi connection. If you’re not satisfied, SimpliSafe offers a 60-day money-back guarantee.
Stand-out features include
- Dual sensor to detect people and reduce false alerts
- Two-way audio using the SimpliSafe mobile app
- Works as a standalone doorbell camera or as part of the SimpliSafe system
- Best DIY Doorbell Camera
2. Blue by ADT Doorbell CameraOur rating
The Blue by ADT Video Doorbell is another great option if you’re looking for a standalone doorbell camera. It can be used with Blue by ADT equipment, but not ADT’s traditional system. The Blue by ADT video doorbell is wired using an existing doorbell setup. If motion is detected, you’ll get a mobile alert with a live preview. The doorbell camera also includes:
- Two-way audio to speak to guests or scare off lurking thieves
- Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa voice compatibility
- Facial recognition feature to recognize familiar faces and alert you
- Custom motion zones and works with popular voice assistants
You can add 30 days of cloud storage anytime for $6 per month.
Stand-out features include
- Live previews with mobile alerts
- Built-in facial recognition feature
- Custom motion zones
- Best All-Around Video Doorbell
3. Arlo Video DoorbellOur rating
Arlo’s video doorbell is the best of the best. It’s the most versatile doorbell camera on the market, thanks to its array of features. You’ll have two power source options: battery or wired. The Arlo Video Doorbell works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit, and other popular smart home devices. The doorbell also includes:
- 1:1 aspect ratio for a clear view of what’s happening on your porch
- Two-way audio to speak to guests or send a prerecorded message
- Mobile app to save and playback videos using Arlo’s mobile app
- Package detection to alert you when a package arrives
You’ll also get continuous video recording, video storage, and advanced object detection starting at $2.99 per month with Arlo’s Premier Plan.
Stand-out features include
- Package detection and advanced object detection available
- Up to 30 days of cloud video storage
- Smart home and voice assistant compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple HomeKit