Compare Top Providers
Clear Shot Plus
Pro. monitoring starts at
|Professional||Professional||Professional||DIY or Professional||DIY|
|36 months||N/A||42-60 mos. or pay for equipment in full||None||None|
Smart home compatibility
|Option to extend limited warranty||Three years||120-day equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty|
About St. Lucie, FL
Set at the northeastern edge of Fort Pierce, St. Lucie, Florida, is a relatively quiet community with a heavy focus on marine activity. Marinas line most of the shore, and many of the surrounding businesses provide boating-related services.
St. Lucie’s proximity to military bases and facilities means the town has a significant number of active service members, as well as veterans. Residents and visitors of St. Lucie also enjoy easy access to many natural attractions, such as the Fort Pierce Inlet State Park and Avalon State Park, in addition to ample nature conservation areas.
However, like any city, St. Lucie does experience crime, so it’s a good idea to research home security solutions. Below, we outline the best home security systems in St. Lucie, Florida, to help you find the right solution for your household.
St. Lucie Crime Statistics
According to the FBI’s 2018 Crime in the United States report, St. Lucie boasts a lower property-crime rate than most Florida cities of comparable populations. Residents of St. Lucie and the greater Fort Pierce area reported the following crimes in 2018.
- 66 incidents of robbery
- 197 incidents of burglary
- 872 incidents of larceny-theft
- 115 incidents of motor vehicle theft
- 187 incidents of aggravated assault
- Best for Security Cameras
Clear Shot PlusBBB ratingN/AStarting at$Call for rate/mo
Clear Shot Plus is a Fort Pierce-based provider of home security systems. It offers custom CCTV alarm systems and a wide variety of equipment packages. Clear Shot Plus posts package price points on its website, making it easy for you to see what options are in your budget.
Recommended plan: Clear Shot Plus systems are self-monitored. Surveillance systems start at $169.99 for two security cameras and associated accessories.
- Professional installation
- Transparent pricing
- Custom security systems
- No professional monitoring
- Expensive cameras
- No smart home tech
- Best Home Security for Industry Experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
ADT is one of the most well-known home security providers. You can expect traditional security with professional monitoring and installation. Choose from three packages, but keep in mind that you’ll need to upgrade your package if you want smart home or surveillance features. ADT also requires long-term contracts, but equipment financing is available.
★ Recommended Plan: We recommend the Complete package to give you everything you need from the start. It’s the only plan that includes security essentials, smart home compatibility and surveillance. Professional installation and monitoring are also included. Best of all, you’ll get ADT’s 6-month money-back guarantee and theft protection guarantee.
- 6-month money-back guarantee and theft protection guarantee
- Wide variety of smart home equipment
- Over 140 years of experience with award-winning professional monitoring
- Must upgrade plan for smart home or surveillance features and equipment
- Professional installation and monitoring are required
- Long-term contract required
- Best Smart Home Security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
If you’re looking for smart home security, Vivint is our top choice. It offers the most extensive line of smart home and security equipment. Its intrusion and environmental equipment are filled with smart features, and the control panel doubles as a smart hub to connect and control your smart home devices. The only downside is that Vivint requires a long-term contract if you finance the equipment. Professional monitoring and installation are also required.
★ Recommended Plan: Vivint offers two packages: Smart Home and Smart Security. We recommend the Smart Home package to give you video monitoring, smart home control, environmental monitoring and the security essentials in one package.
- Smart Hub to connect and control smart home and security devices
- Extensive smart features for security equipment including package detection and Smart Deter
- Wide range of security and smart home equipment
- Contract required for service and financed equipment.
- Professional monitoring and installation required
- Expensive equipment compared to other providers
- Best Overall DIY Security System
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe is our top home security pick because it offers reliable home security equipment at a cheaper price than most competitors. Even though smart home equipment isn’t offered, you’ll have the flexibility to create the system you want within your budget thanks to SimpliSafe’s customizable plans. But keep in mind that you’ll need to pay for equipment upfront because financing isn’t available.
★ Recommended package: The Haven plan offers the best value among SimpliSafe’s offerings. It gives you intrusion and environmental monitoring equipment for less than $500. The package includes security essentials, a smoke detector, a temperature sensor and more. You can add cameras and SimpliSafe’s Video Doorbell Pro for the full SimpliSafe security experience.
- Equipment and monitoring plans are cheaper than competitors
- Optional professional monitoring and installation
- Customizable packages and easy add-ons
- Upfront costs are more expensive than competitors
- No smart home equipment available
- Must upgrade to plan for remote and smart home control
- Best Pet-Friendly Home Security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
Frontpoint is a DIY security option that offers wireless security and smart home equipment. It’s a close runner-up compared to SimpliSafe. You’ll have more surveillance options with two indoor cameras, an outdoor and doorbell camera. Professional monitoring is required and can be costly compared to others, but you can save money with Frontpoint’s easy DIY installation. Mobile app and video surveillance are also included in the cost instead of an extra fee.
★ Recommended Plan: Frontpoint’s Bunker Package is ideal for most homes. It comes with the essentials for intrusion, plus an indoor camera and smoke detector for $634. If you’re debating between the Bunker and Fortress packages, the big difference is that you’ll get more sensors with Fortress — good for larger homes.
- Smart home equipment available
- Financing available to lower upfront cost
- Mobile app and video surveillance included in monitoring cost
- No professional installation option
- Expensive professional monitoring
- Trial period is only 30 days
Best Home Security Systems of 2020
Other Local Providers
If you’re interested in alternatives to Clear Shot Plus, check out the following home security providers serving the St. Lucie area:
- Metro Alarm & Technologies: This southeast Florida company is a broker of Honeywell Security, Linear 2GIG systems, and other well-known brands. It also offers professional monitoring.
- Absolute Protection Team: Located in Vero Beach, Absolute Protection Team provides custom home security systems, smart home devices and 24/7 professional monitoring.
- Airtronics Automation & Security: This versatile Fort Pierce business supplies and installs systems for home security and automation, as well as entertainment and household cleaning.
- AVS Tech & Treasure Coast Security Supplies: This company boasts over 20 years of experience performing professional installations of CCTV equipment and other home security systems.
- Sound Tech Security Inc.: Located in Port St. Lucie, this company installs home security systems with 24/7 monitoring and home automation options.
Additional Areas Covered
Many home security providers that serve St. Lucie serve surrounding areas of Florida as well, including:
- Fort Pierce
- White City
- Indian River Estates
- River Park
- Port St. Lucie
- Lakewood Park
- Vero Beach
- South Beach
Common Home Security Equipment and Features
As one of the sentinels in your home, the motion sensor captures unusual activity, and your system lets you know. Some providers have motion sensors that are designed to be pet-friendly, avoiding pets under 80 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Learn more about motion sensors here in our post.
Door/window sensors are sentinels for your entry points. Most have a discreet profile so they’re not easily seen, but once an entry point is breached, your control panel sounds an alarm to let the intruder know they’ve been caught. Learn more about the door/window sensors offered by Frontpoint, Protect America, and SimpliSafe.
Indoor security camera
If you want to be able to monitor the interior of your home, communicate with family members, and check in on pets, then choosing an indoor security camera is a great option. Most indoor cameras feature HD video, come with night vision, and have two-way communication. Learn more about indoor security camera options offered by SimpliSafe, Vivint, and Abode.
Outdoor security camera
With a smart thermostat, you can potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most smart thermostats allow you to program them, creating a schedule for when your home’s heating and cooling system turns on. Some will also automatically adjust themselves based on certain conditions. Learn more about the smart thermostats offered by Vivint, Frontpoint, and ADT.
Go keyless with a smart lock, designed so you can easily lock or unlock your door via app. Some smart locks have a keycode feature, allowing you to set unique PINs for family members and or professionals who may need to access your home. Learn more about the smart locks offered by Guardian Protection, Protect America, and Scout.
Can’t decide? Compare top providers side-by-side: ADT vs. SimpliSafe, Vivint vs. Frontpoint, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions for St. Lucie
Though overall crime rates are relatively low, larceny-theft is the most prevalent crime in St. Lucie. Therefore, residents should consider installing alarm systems, motion detectors, and outdoor cameras to deter intruders.
All of the local brands listed above offer professional installation, including Clear Shot Plus, Metro Alarm & Technologies, VS Tech & Treasure Coast Security Supplies and Sound Tech Security Inc. National companies, like ADT and Vivint, also perform professional installations.
Metro Alarm & Technologies, Absolute Protection Team, Airtronics Automation & Security, AVS Tech & Treasure Coast Security Supplies and Sound Tech Security Inc. offer smart home tech. National brands like Blue by ADT, Cove and Vivint also offer some of the best smart home devices.
Local brands that offer security cameras include Clear Shot Plus, Metro Alarm & Technologies, Absolute Protection Team, Airtronics Automation & Security, AVS Tech & Treasure Coast Security Supplies and Sound Tech Security Inc. National companies like Blue by ADT, SimpliSafe and Google Nest also offer some of the best security camera brands.
Alder, SimpliSafe and Cove offer equipment that features simple, noninvasive installation, making them ideal for renters.
Although many local providers require a contract, Clear Shot Plus does not. Many national providers also offer month-to-month agreements with no long-term contracts, including SimpliSafe, Nest and Cove.
Vivint and ADT permit financing if you sign long-term contracts ranging anywhere from 24 to 60 months.