Remote Arm and Disarm Home Security Systems
As quick-paced and ever-changing our lives are today, a home security system equipped with remote home security makes a lot of sense. How many times have family members left the house without arming the system? It’s a simple error, but one that could have regrettable results. Consider how much more secure your home would be if you could arm and disarm the system precisely as needed, rather than when you were physically there to do so.
A remote-controlled arm and disarm is a simple way to better connect you with your home security system. Using the latest and most convenient form of technology for you and family members, including:
- Wireless keypads in the home
- The subscriber portal on your subscriber’s website
- smartphone app or the touchscreen of a tablet or any mobile device
- Keychain remote
How Remote Home Security Works
All it takes to arm and disarm is the push of a button when using the key chain remote. The other options require either the entry of your security code or password or login information. Which button you choose depends on the security you want at any given time. That’s the beauty of it—as the situation changes throughout the day, it’s a quick and simple command to update your protection. Generally, remote home security systems includes three basic arming modes.
- Stay—protects your family while they are inside the home. Enter and exit delays are on so people can enter and leave.
- Instant Stay—is for use at night when nobody is expected to enter or exit.
- Away—is used when nobody is home.
- Cancel or Disarm—disarms the system.
- Panic—to alert police or other emergency services
Remote Controlled Security Options
Once you give remote home security a try, you may want to expand the convenience and add a few more functions to your remote capabilities. It’s an easy transition if additional security detectors and monitors are already installed in your home.
- Cameras give you instant access to photos and live video of your home.
- Lights can be turned on and off and even dimmed.
- Thermostats settings can be adjusted as needed.
Who Will Benefit
Anyone who wants the convenience of easy access to their security system will benefit, but families who are away from home most of the day or who travel a lot will especially benefit from remote control security capability. For households with children or other family members coming home to an empty house, the security of monitoring their safe arrivals and then adjusting the security system accordingly is comforting.