A full security system may be the peace of mind you and your loved ones need
Exploring the Different Types of Outdoor Lights
There’s a variety of outdoor lights that can illuminate the outside of your home. Your choice of lighting will depend on your home’s needs. Here are a few popular options to consider:
- Motion sensor outdoor lights – Designed with a motion sensor to detect any activity outside of your home and instantly shine a light on the person or object.
- Floodlights – Designed to shine intense light in darker areas for outdoor events such as playing fields and are often motion activated.
- Landscape lights – Fits discreetly into your home’s grass or landscaping to illuminate light for both security and added decor. These lights often have lower watts and lumens than floodlights.
- Spotlights – Illuminates a direct light on a specified area when installed. Spotlights are often used to light up signs, doors and other hard-to-see areas at night.
Benefits of Motion Sensor Outdoor Lights
- Deters lurking thieves – With the right outdoor lights, thieves won’t be able to easily sneak up to your home. A well-lit area will make it more difficult for them to hide without being spotted.
- Lights darker areas – Placing outdoor lights in darker areas outside your home will give you a bright and clear and well-lit view for your peace of mind so nothing is overlooked.
- Energy savings – Motion sensor outdoor lights don’t illuminate constantly, but they turn on when motion is detected to save energy.
- Money savings – With motion triggered outdoor lights, you’ll save money on your electricity bill and replacing bulbs because most motion sensor outdoor lights use long-lasting LED bulbs.
Outdoor lights are one of the most cost-effective ways to help keep your home safe. As you continue to compare and choose the best outdoor security lights for your home, remember to keep key factors and features in mind. Here are our top five picks, then browse a full list of Amazon’s best-selling outdoor security lights for more recommendations.