LifeShield, the do-it-yourself home security company owned by industry leader ADT, just added a new product to its lineup of smart home security devices. The new HD Video Doorbell gives LifeShield customers a new way to keep an eye on their front door and it should help the company hold its own against increasingly well-known competitors in the DIY space.
LifeShield’s Video Doorbell Specs & Features
The LifeShield doorbell sports all of the specs and features you’d expect from a video doorbell in 2019:
- 1080 HD video resolution
- 170º viewing angle
- Wi-Fi connection (though some wiring is required during installation)
- Ability to live stream your video feed to your phone or laptop
- Customizable mobile alerts
- 2-way audio for speaking to visitors remotely
- Motion detection with people detection and customizable zone and sensitivity settings, to minimize false alarms
- Night vision
- Amazon Alexa compatibility
What about cost? The price at launch is $199.99, which is on the higher end of the spectrum relative to other top video doorbells. Note that this may be a special introductory price, since Lifeshield’s website lists the MSRP at $279.99. Discounted bundled pricing is also available – you’ll need to build your own LifeShield security set or purchase an 8-piece system.
More about LifeShield Home Security
LifeShield provides flexible do-it-yourself home security systems. Homeowners and renters can purchase a device bundle, install it themselves and then either subscribe to LifeShield’s 24/7 professional monitoring services or self-monitor their own systems. ADT purchased LifeShield in February 2019, but at this point it still operates as an independent company.