About Laredo, TX
Laredo, TX is a city that sits on the border of the United States and Mexico. Located in Webb County, Laredo boasts a population of more than 250,000 residents and is best characterized as a dense, suburban city. While Laredo is home to many parks and families, there are still concerning factors that residents should be aware of — especially when it comes to ensuring their homes are equipped with the best home security systems. Let’s take a closer look at some of the crime statistics that might make residents living in this Texas city think twice about their current home security strategy.
Laredo, TX Crime Stats
According to data collected in 2018 by the FBI, Laredo reported over 7,000 crime incidents during the calendar year. In fact, Laredo sees 6% more total crime than the current national average and 10% more property crime than the national average. That said, violent crimes are significantly lower than other cities in the country — 11% lower to be exact. Some of the most noteworthy crime statistics for Laredo include
- Larceny/Theft: 5,506
- Burglary: 692
- Aggravated Assault: 594
- Motor Vehicle Theft: 169
- Robbery: 141
- Best for Professional Monitoring
Brinks Home SecurityOur rating9.3Starting at$29.99/mo
Our Take on Brinks Home Security
Brinks has a lot of similarities with ADT: required professional monitoring, smart home equipment, and required contracts. The big difference is that you can cut costs with DIY installation, or you can leave it to the pros. If you want traditional home security, but can set it up yourself, Brinks is the best choice.
- 2-year equipment warranty
- Impressive industry experience and reputation
- Flexible installation options
- No equipment for environmental monitoring
- Touchscreen control panel not available in all packages
- Lengthy contracts for some equipment packages
- Best home security for industry experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best smart home security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint is our top choice for smart home security with an extensive line of equipment filled with smart features. The control panel also doubles as a smart hub. The only downside is that Vivint requires a long-term contract if you finance the equipment. Professional monitoring and installation are also required.
- Smart Hub to connect and control smart home and security devices
- Extensive smart features for security equipment including package detection and Smart Deter
- Wide range of security and smart home equipment
- Contract required for service and financed equipment.
- Professional monitoring and installation required
- Expensive equipment compared to other providers
- Best overall DIY security system
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe Home Security is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment, and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Best pet-friendly home security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short trial period (30 days)
- No professional installation option
Other Local Providers
Some of Laredo’s other home security providers include the following:
- The Best Alarm Company: In partnership with United Central Control, The Best Alarm Company provides home security monitoring without a contractual obligation for Laredo residents.
- SOLO Security Systems: SOLO Security Systems provides a broad range of security solutions for Texans.
- M1 Alarm: M1 Alarm offers both residential and commercial-grade security and monitoring services starting at just $25/month.
Additional Areas Covered
The following towns are also covered by the providers listed in this article:
- City Center
- Pueblo Nuevo
- Ranchettes Colonia
- San Carlos Number 1 Colonia
- San Dario Ave
- W Saunders St
- Mines Rd
- Logan Ave
- San Ignacio Ave
- Moon Tract Ln
Due to the number of larceny/theft crimes that occur in Laredo, the most important features homeowners need in their security systems are door and window alarms and video recording capabilities.
SimpliSafe™ tops the list as the least expensive home security provider. However, Link Interactive® is a strong second contender due to their broad range of devices and services included in their monthly packages.
Each of the providers listed in this article offers professional installation. If you’re looking for exclusively professional installation, we recommend Vivant as they only offer professional installation.
Yes — nearly all home security providers will require a contract for service; however, terms vary depending on the provider you choose. Be sure to carefully review each provider’s contract terms before agreeing to a specific service.
The provider with the most comprehensive and advanced smart home devices is Vivant. Brinks and Link Interactive also offer smart home products to their customers.