How to Choose a Fire Protection System
Once you’ve determined the specific needs of your home and family, choose several reputable products and monitoring services to investigate and compare. Among the first questions to ask is whether the service will work with an existing home and fire protection system.
Options to consider:
- Does the service provide annual testing and inspection of the system?
- Are the fire monitoring service agents professionally trained to handle emergency situations?
- Does the service offer convenient homeowner contact methods such as web-enabled smart phone, pad, computer, cell phone, or keychain?
- Can additional protective devices be added later?
- Is the monitoring system easy and convenient enough for even the youngest and oldest family members?
- Are alternative power and communication back-ups and routes available?
- If your home is empty for long hours or you travel frequently, a monitoring service is likely best.