A full security system may be the peace of mind you and your loved ones need
What are the Different Types of Door or Window Sensors?
There a variety of window and door sensor options available. Understanding the differences will help you choose the best sensors for your doors and windows.
- Surface contact sensors are the most affordable door sensor options. The sensors are installed using magnets on the surface of the door and the door.
- Recessed contact sensors are installed inside the frames and inside the door or window, making them less visible to intruders.
- Vanishing sensors are very thin and virtually undetectable door sensors. They’re designed to blend into your home’s décor to be less noticeable.
- Vented window sensors use two magnets to open any armed window may remain open a few inches for fresh air. If the window is opened any further, the alarm is triggered.
The Benefits of Door and Window Sensors
In addition to a reliable lock system, door and window sensors are the perfect DIY home security measure. These small, but mighty alarms alert entry and potential danger to your home and family without heavy lifting and headaches. Here are a few other door alarm benefits to expect:
- Better security – With a door or window sensor attached to each window and door, you’ll have peace of mind knowing when doors are opened with a loud alarm or automated mobile notifications.
- Child protection – When attaching door sensors to the right doors and cabinets, you’ll automatically be alerted when your child or loved one has opened the door. This added home protection throughout the home keeps your child out of harm’s way.
- Deter danger – Chances are, once intruders hear an alarm sounding after opening a door, they’ll think twice about moving further. With smart door sensors, you’ll have peace of mind while knowing when your door is opened – even when you’re away.
As with any security feature, every household is different. There are different needs to ensure optimal protection from door and window sensors. Start by shopping Amazon’s best selling door and window sensors. You’ll have a variety of features and designs to choose from to best fit your home.