What to Know About Business Security Cameras
Whether your business is small, mid-sized or enterprise-level, business security cameras are perfect to monitor your business’ security. You’ll be able to keep an eye on your inventory and keep employees safe during work. The best business security cameras are equipped with features that make monitoring, recording and storing footage easy. We’ve narrowed down the best cameras, features and factors to consider as you shop for security cameras that give you the protection and peace of mind you need for your business.
Top Business Security Camera Features to Shop For
Voice assistant compatibility: The best business security cameras are compatible with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to give you hands-free control of your cameras. You’ll be able to ask Alexa to show you what’s happening around your business using your Amazon Alexa device with a simple command.
Cloud storage: Most camera systems require a video recorder to locally store footage. However, keeping videos on hand locally can increase the risk of footage being lost or fallen into the wrong hands. Cloud storage securely stores your clips and gives you access using your desktop or mobile device without the risks of handling it locally.
Full-color night vision: While infrared LED night vision may show you crisp footage in black and white, full-color night vision gives you a better view of activity as if you were there — even in darkness. Be sure to look for full-color night vision with high video quality and a high night vision range.
Continuous video recording (CVR): You’ll never want to miss a moment of what’s happening at your place of business. Some camera systems only record motion-triggered events. Continuous video recording (CVR) captures video 24/7 for you to playback later.
The Best Business Security Cameras
- Best Camera for 4K Outdoor Surveillance
1. Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) Outdoor Security CameraOur rating
This Power over Ethernet (PoE) outdoor camera is weatherproof and covers over 164 feet of night vision. It works with Amazon Alexa for hands-free voice control and one-way audio. Backup cloud storage is available with an Amcrest subscription. You’ll be able to use the Amcrest mobile app for anytime video monitoring for up to 16 cameras and motion-triggered alerts. It has a built-in microphone and 112-degree viewing angle.
Stand-out features include
- Cloud storage available
- Works with Amazon Alexa
- Mobile video surveillance and alerts
- Best Outdoor Camera System with Hub
2. Arlo Pro 3Our rating
The Arlo Pro 3 can help you guard your home with deterrence features like a siren and spotlight, designed to make lurkers think twice. This camera has sharp 2K resolution and a 160-degree field of view. Watch recordings, set up custom motion zones, and more with Arlo’s mobile app.
Stand-out features include
- Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple HomeKit
- Comes with deterrence features like a siren and spotlight
- Sharp 2K video recording
- 160-degree field of view
5. Night Owl 4 Channel 1080p Wireless Smart Security Hub - (WNVR201-44P-B)Our rating
This Night Owl channel system includes four indoor and outdoor cameras. It comes with 1080p HD video quality and 100 feet of night vision. It has a 100-degree wide-viewing angle and is easy to set up in two minutes or less with a power adapter. The system comes with two-way audio and 300 feet wireless signal for coverage. The Night Owl system uses dual sensor technology to reduce false alarms while only detecting heated objects and motion. It doesn’t require Internet connectivity so you can use an NVR and TV monitor to capture footage.
Stand-out features include
- Dual sensor technology
- No internet required
- 100-degree wide-viewing angle
- Amcrest 1080p Video Doorbell Camera ProPrice$109.99Indoor or OutdoorOutdoorWide-viewing angle112 degreesNight vision range164 feetDVR or NVRNVRCloud storage availableYesVoice assistant compatibilityYesMaximum number of cameras16 camerasWarrantyN/A
- Arlo Pro 3Price$499.99Indoor or OutdoorBothWide-viewing angle160 degreesNight vision rangeN/ADVR or NVRN/ACloud storage availableYesVoice assistant compatibilityYesMaximum number of cameras5 camerasWarranty1 year
- Blink XT2Price$99.99Indoor or OutdoorBothWide-viewing angle110 degreesNight vision rangeN/ADVR or NVRN/ACloud storage availableYesVoice assistant compatibilityYesMaximum number of cameras10 camerasWarranty1 year
- Reolink RLK8-800B4 4KPrice$599.99Indoor or OutdoorOutdoorWide-viewing angle97 degreesNight vision range100 feetDVR or NVRNVRCloud storage availableN/AVoice assistant compatibilityNoMaximum number of cameras8 camerasWarranty2 years
- Night Owl 4 Channel 1080p Wireless Smart Security Hub – (WNVR201-44P-B)Price$499.99Indoor or OutdoorBothWide-viewing angle100 degreesNight vision range100 feetDVR or NVRNVRCloud storage availableN/AVoice assistant compatibilityN/AMaximum number of cameras128 camerasWarrantyN/A
- Nest Cam IQ IndoorPrice$299Indoor or OutdoorIndoorWide-viewing angle130 degreesNight vision range20 feetDVR or NVRN/ACloud storage availableYesVoice assistant compatibilityYesMaximum number of cameras10 camerasWarranty1 year
- Swann Tracker Indoor Security CameraPrice$79.99Indoor or OutdoorIndoorWide-viewing angle180 degreesNight vision range320 feetDVR or NVRN/ACloud storage availableYesVoice assistant compatibilityYesMaximum number of camerasN/AWarranty1 year
- Frontpoint Indoor CameraPrice$99.99Indoor or OutdoorIndoorWide-viewing angle113 degreesNight vision range20 feetDVR or NVRN/ACloud storage availableYesVoice assistant compatibilityYesMaximum number of camerasN/AWarranty3 years
- Lorex LNZ44P4B Indoor and OutdoorPrice$249.95Indoor or OutdoorBothWide-viewing angle30-95 degreesNight vision rangeN/ADVR or NVRNVRCloud storage availableNoVoice assistant compatibilityNoMaximum number of cameras16 camerasWarranty2 years
- Zmodo Security Camera SystemPrice$129.99Indoor or OutdoorOutdoorWide-viewing angle90 degreesNight vision range65 feetDVR or NVRN/ACloud storage availableYesVoice assistant compatibilityYesMaximum number of camerasN/AWarranty1 year
Frequently Asked Questions About Business Security Cameras
Many business security providers require contracts, but there are many that don’t. A contract for business security cameras depends on your provider and service needs.
Some providers offer professional monitoring to alert you if there’s suspicious activity or sensors are triggered. Check with business security providers to see what professional monitoring services are available for cameras and other equipment.
Some business cameras can be bought as standalone equipment. Meanwhile, some professionally monitored and contracted providers require a business security system with cameras.
There are great wired and wireless business security camera options. Your choice depends on your preference. WIred business cameras often require professional installation for power. Some wireless cameras may limit the number of cameras you can connect without overloading your Internet or connection source.