Compare Top Providers
Pro. monitoring starts at
|$45.99/mo.||Request a quote||$29.99/mo.||$14.99/mo.||$44.99/mo.|
|Professional||Professional||Professional||DIY or Professional||DIY|
|36 months||Not specified||42-60 mos. or pay for equipment in full||None||None|
Smart home compatibility
|Option to extend limited warranty||Yes, term not specified on website||120-day equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty|
Known for its breweries and the Milwaukee Brewers Major League Baseball team, Milwaukee is home to more than 590,000 people and historic treasures such as the St. Joan of Arc Chapel and North Point Lighthouse. With cultural influence from neighboring Chicago and its Native American settlement roots, there’s a lot to explore. According to Neighborhood Scout, Milwaukee has higher rates of crime than 94% of American cities. Whether you’re moving to Milwaukee or a longtime resident, having a dependable home security service monitoring your home gives you the peace of mind to focus on life. We’ll show you the best local monitoring providers servicing Milwaukee.
Milwaukee Crime Statistics
Data from the FBI’s 2018 Uniform Crime Report shows that Milwaukee had 17,699 property crimes in 2018. Larceny-theft occurred more than any other crime in 2018. According to Neighborhood Scout, property crime is twice as common in Milwaukee than in the rest of the state. Here’s a breakdown of the reported incidences collected by the FBI:
- 8,851 incidents of larceny-theft
- 5,549 incidents of aggravated assault
- 4,589 incidents of motor vehicle theft
- 4,259 incidents of burglary
- 2,279 incidents of robbery
Milwaukee Spotlight: Imperial Surveillance - Local Security Provider
Imperial Surveillance provides home security systems, pro installation, remote access control, and professional monitoring in Milwaukee. This local provider has been serving the greater Milwaukee area as well as Chicago since 2007. It focuses on customized home security tailored to the customer. Imperial surveillance doesn’t have equipment sets or monitoring packages listed. it encourages you to reach out for a quote so that the company can consider your home’s needs as well as your budget to offer a tailored solution. The company’s service contract length is also not listed.
Imperial sells its own security systems, including burglar alarms, fire alarms and cameras, all with remote access. Some of its equipment includes sirens, motion detectors, entry sensors, glass break detectors, window alarm screens and medical panic buttons. Users access their security system through a control panel as well as remotely. There’s also a separate keypad for manually arming and disarming your system.
Imperial specializes in installing security systems in a way that integrates with your existing smart home systems, such as smart thermostats, smart lights, smart locks, as well as with TV monitors for CCTV and security surveillance.
Best Home Security Systems in Milwaukee
- Regional WI Provider
Imperial SurveillanceBBB ratingA+Starting at$/mo
Like many local providers, Imperial isn’t transparent about its prices. If you’re shopping for home security on a budget, it’s not safe to assume Imperial sells equipment you can finance. However, many local home monitoring providers lease their equipment for the duration of your service contract, so there’s a chance this budget-friendly option could be available. With its solid reputation in two high-crime cities and its great customer service ratings, Imperial stands out as reliable. We recommend Imperial for the wide range of equipment offered and its ability to tailor a system for your needs.
- Professional installation
- Smart home devices and automation
- CCTV and video surveillance
- Prices only available by quote
- No pre-set equipment packages
- Doesn't show equipment or its specs online
- Best home security for industry experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best smart home security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint is our top choice for smart home security with an extensive line of equipment filled with smart features. The control panel also doubles as a smart hub. The only downside is that Vivint requires a long-term contract if you finance the equipment. Professional monitoring and installation are also required.
- Smart Hub to connect and control smart home and security devices
- Extensive smart features for security equipment including package detection and Smart Deter
- Wide range of security and smart home equipment
- Contract required for service and financed equipment.
- Professional monitoring and installation required
- Expensive equipment compared to other providers
- Best overall DIY security system
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe Home Security is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment, and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Best pet-friendly home security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short trial period (30 days)
- No professional installation option
Best Home Security Systems of 2020
Additional Local Home Security Providers for Milwaukee
Here are some of your other local options in the Milwaukee area:
- AA Security & Monitoring: With over 20 years of experience in Milwaukee, AA Security & Monitoring offers top-of-the-line intrusion detection, medical alert, video surveillance and fire alarm systems.
- Alarm Systems Innovators Inc.: Locally owned and operated for 25 years, this provider gives you the equipment you need for the duration of your contract and keeps tabs on your home 24/7.
- Bonafide Security Solutions: Bonafide has been around since 1971 and has options for CCTV surveillance as well as traditional intrusion and fire alarm systems.
- Central 1 Security Inc.: Central 1 offers surveillance camera systems with access control and intercoms. It’s ideal for owners of multiple properties who want remote access to their home systems in one place.
Surrounding Areas for Milwaukee
Many local providers service the neighboring areas surrounding Milwaukee, including:
- Brookfield, WI
- Mequon, WI
- Nashotah, WI
- Elm Grove, WI
- Fox Point, WI
- North Prairie, WI
- Sussex, WI
- Hartland, WI
Common Home Security Equipment and Features
As one of the sentinels in your home, the motion sensor captures unusual activity, and your system lets you know. Some providers have motion sensors that are designed to be pet-friendly, avoiding pets under 80 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Learn more about motion sensors here in our post.
Door/window sensors are sentinels for your entry points. Most have a discreet profile so they’re not easily seen, but once an entry point is breached, your control panel sounds an alarm to let the intruder know they’ve been caught. Learn more about the door/window sensors offered by Frontpoint, Protect America, and SimpliSafe.
Indoor security camera
If you want to be able to monitor the interior of your home, communicate with family members, and check in on pets, then choosing an indoor security camera is a great option. Most indoor cameras feature HD video, come with night vision, and have two-way communication. Learn more about indoor security camera options offered by SimpliSafe, Vivint, and Abode.
Outdoor security camera
With a smart thermostat, you can potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most smart thermostats allow you to program them, creating a schedule for when your home’s heating and cooling system turns on. Some will also automatically adjust themselves based on certain conditions. Learn more about the smart thermostats offered by Vivint, Frontpoint, and ADT.
Go keyless with a smart lock, designed so you can easily lock or unlock your door via app. Some smart locks have a keycode feature, allowing you to set unique PINs for family members and or professionals who may need to access your home. Learn more about the smart locks offered by Guardian Protection, Protect America, and Scout.
Can’t decide? Compare top providers side-by-side: ADT vs. SimpliSafe, Vivint vs. Frontpoint, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions for Milwaukee
While most local providers aren’t upfront about their costs, you can count on Protect America, a nationwide home security provider, when you’re on a budget. It starts at $19.99 for landline monitoring and you don’t need to pay for equipment.
While Imperial Surveillance doesn’t offer smart home devices, Nest from Google sells state-of-the-art smart home devices such as smart thermostats, a smart lock, and video doorbell.
Imperial is the best provider for homeowners, since they get a home security system tailored to their home and needs. Central 1 Security is also great for property owners in Milwaukee, as you can even remotely access multiple systems from multiple homes in one place. As two top national providers, we’d recommend ADT or Vivint.
Whereas virtually all of your local home security options require long-term contracts, there are nationwide providers serving the needs of renters. For example, SimpliSafe, Abode, and Nest offer easy-to-install equipment, and you can pay for professional monitoring on a month-to-month basis instead of by contract.