Compare Top Providers
Fort Knox Security
Pro. monitoring starts at
|Professional||Professional with DIY option||Professional||DIY or Professional||DIY|
|36 months||36 months||42-60 mos. or pay for equipment in full||None||None|
Smart home compatibility
|Option to extend limited warranty||Limited lifetime||120-day equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty|
About Irving, TX
Irving, Texas, is a city of nearly 240,000 people situated in the heart of the Dallas metropolitan area, which is the fourth-largest metropolitan area in the U.S., with over 7.5 million residents. Irving boasts the most diverse ZIP code in America, according to a 2012 study by Trulia. As such, Irving offers abundant entertainment, arts, culture and outdoor attractions, including the Irving Arts Center, the Mandalay Canal, the Toyota Music Factory, and the Fritz Park Petting Zoo.
Despite Irving’s appeal, the city, like any other city, does experience crime, so it’s a good idea to weigh your home security options. Whether you’re installing an alarm system for the first time or making an upgrade, Irving has plenty of security companies to choose from. We’ll take you through some of the best options the area has to offer and highlight our favorite below.
Irving Crime Statistics
Property crime, such as larceny-theft, burglary and motor vehicle theft, occurs at a rate of around 25 per 1,000 residents in Irving, which is slightly higher than the Texas rate overall, and just a bit higher than the national median. The 2018 FBI crime report listed the following totals for some of the most common crimes in Irving:
- 4,327 incidents of larceny-theft
- 720 incidents of motor vehicle theft
- 712 incidents of burglary
- 227 incidents of aggravated assault
- 218 incidents of robbery
- Best for No-Contract Options
Fort Knox SecurityOur rating6.6Starting at$15.95/mo
Our take on Fort Knox Security: No matter what you’re looking for in a home security system, Fort Knox Home Security has a solution for you. This Texas-based company caters to both the DIY crowd and homeowners who prefer to let the pros handle their home security from start to finish. The company’s most affordable rate of $15.95 per month is only available if you sign a 36-month contract and purchase equipment. Expect to pay around $29.95 per month if you want a month-to-month option. Already own home security equipment? Fort Knox Home Security can monitor it for you.
★ Recommended Plan
View 360 Ultimate This plan provides three different video cameras for broad surveillance, plus a motion detector and three window or door sensors. You can control the system through a central touchscreen hub or your smartphone.
- DIY and professional installation options
- Smart home automation
- A variety of equipment to choose from
- Month-to-month option is pricey
- $99 installation fee depending on your plan
- Additional monthly app cost
- Best for Money-Back Guarantee
Our Take on ADT Home Security
ADT is a well-recognized name in the home security business thanks to its top-notch equipment, award-winning monitoring centers and commitment to customer service. For people who feel like you get what you pay for, it’s hard to beat ADT.
ADT prefers to provide a brief consultation before quoting a custom package. Contact ADT to get started.
★ Recommended Plan
ADT’s Video Lite Plan is nothing minor — you’ll get motion detection, smart home capabilities, and video surveillance. Equipment starts at $599. Professional monitoring starts at $54.99 per month.
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best for Smart Homes
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint really shines when it comes to equipment. Perhaps no other provider has such an extensive catalog, which makes it an excellent provider for those who plan to install new equipment over time.
★ Recommended Plan
Vivint’s Smart Home Service is our recommended plan because it unlocks a larger selection of smart home devices, as well as video monitoring.
- Month-to-month contract option if equipment is purchased up front
- Backup battery included with the Sky Control panel
- Extensive equipment features, including Vivint Car Guard
- Long contract if equipment is financed
- Installation can take 3-4 hours
- Short (120-day) equipment warranty and service guarantee (unless you purchase Premium)
- Short (3-day) trial period
- Best Overall
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.3Starting at$14.99/mo
Our Take on SimpliSafe Home Security
Keep those pesky burglars away with a SimpliSafe security system. Choose from a range of packages and equipment, and get inexpensive professional monitoring.
★ Recommended Plan
We recommend The Barrington if you’re interested in SimpliSafe. This package combines intrusion detection and video surveillance. Equipment starts at $388.93. Professional monitoring starts at $14.99 per month. Self-monitoring is free.
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Free self-monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in basic monitoring plan
- Research SimpliSafe
- Best for Customer Service
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
Frontpoint recently changed its billing model to month-to-month contracts, which we believe shows that the company strives to stay on top of industry trends and cares about customer service. We also appreciate that Frontpoint’s equipment is compatible with the major smart home hubs.
★ Recommended Plan
Our recommended Frontpoint plan is the Safe Home Starter equipment package combined with the Ultimate monitoring plan, which will give you access to a smartphone app for monitoring your security devices.
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short (30 days) trial period
- No professional installation option
Best Home Security Systems of 2020
Other Local Providers
If you’re looking for other local home security options, check out the following companies serving Irving, Texas.
- Vector Security: A regional company serving a large portion of the eastern United States and Texas, Vector Security offers a smart home approach to home security.
- ProtectUS Security: Local to Irving, ProtectUS offers cutting-edge security systems you can control from your phone, customized solutions, and responsive customer service. It also offers a lifetime warranty and free move program.
- AAA Security: AAA Security is located in Fort Worth, offering a full range of sophisticated smart home security solutions, including smart alerts that can notify you about your system’s status at any time.
- SecuritAll: Serving the Dallas metro area from Coppell, Texas, SecuritAll has a no-compromise approach when it comes to quality equipment at an affordable price.
- Maximus Security Services: Maximus Security Services specializes in home alarm repair and affordable, no-contract monitoring agreements, which start at just $9.99 per month.
Additional Areas Covered
Home security providers in Irving are also likely to serve surrounding suburbs and cities in Texas, including the following:
- Farmers Branch
- Grand Prairie
- Highland Park
- University Park
Common Home Security Equipment and Features
As one of the sentinels in your home, the motion sensor captures unusual activity, and your system lets you know. Some providers have motion sensors that are designed to be pet-friendly, avoiding pets under 80 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Learn more about motion sensors here in our post.
Door/window sensors are sentinels for your entry points. Most have a discreet profile so they’re not easily seen, but once an entry point is breached, your control panel sounds an alarm to let the intruder know they’ve been caught. Learn more about the door/window sensors offered by Frontpoint, Protect America, and SimpliSafe.
Indoor security camera
If you want to be able to monitor the interior of your home, communicate with family members, and check in on pets, then choosing an indoor security camera is a great option. Most indoor cameras feature HD video, come with night vision, and have two-way communication. Learn more about indoor security camera options offered by SimpliSafe, Vivint, and Abode.
Outdoor security camera
With a smart thermostat, you can potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most smart thermostats allow you to program them, creating a schedule for when your home’s heating and cooling system turns on. Some will also automatically adjust themselves based on certain conditions. Learn more about the smart thermostats offered by Vivint, Frontpoint, and ADT.
Go keyless with a smart lock, designed so you can easily lock or unlock your door via app. Some smart locks have a keycode feature, allowing you to set unique PINs for family members and or professionals who may need to access your home. Learn more about the smart locks offered by Guardian Protection, Protect America, and Scout.
Can’t decide? Compare top providers side-by-side: ADT vs. SimpliSafe, Vivint vs. Frontpoint, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions for Irving
Like many urban areas of its size, Irving’s most common crime is larceny-theft, so it’s a good idea to make sure your alarm system includes entry detection and professional 24/7 monitoring. Outdoor cameras and motion sensors will also help to deter intruders.
Fort Knox Security offers free installation for its home security systems, which many companies do not offer.