Compare Top Providers
Pro. monitoring starts at
|Professional||Professional||Professional||DIY or Professional||DIY|
|36 months||Not specified online||42-60 mos. or pay for equipment in full||None||None|
Smart home compatibility
|Option to extend limited warranty||None||120-day equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty|
About Fort Worth
Fort Worth is the fifth largest city in Texas and is home to various universities and colleges, including Texas Christian University and the Texas A&M University School of Law. Fort Worth prides itself as the “City of Cowboys and Culture” with its rich art history and its vast selection of museums, including the Kimbell Art Museum, Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth and Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame. It is also home to many multinational headquarters like Bell Helicopter, American Airlines and RadioShack. Fort Worth, TX is the 4th largest metropolitan area in the United States with a population increase of 20.8% since 2010.
Fort Worth Crime Statistics
The population of Fort Worth, TX increased by 2.4% from 873,069 in 2017 to 893,756 in 2018. Despite the increase in population, the FBI 2018 Crime in the United States report states that crime decreased from 66,077 cases in 2017 to 59,968 cases in 2018. The report also shows a 9.4% decrease in property crime during the same period. Here is a breakdown of the number of crimes reported from the FBI’s 2018 report:
- 1,116 incidents of robbery
- 17,957 incidents of larceny-theft
- 2,972 incidents of motor vehicle theft
- 4,504 incidents of burglary
- 2,826 incidents of aggravated assault
Fort Worth Spotlight: Fort Knox Security - Local Security Provider
Fort Knox Security offers security solutions to residential and commercial clients in areas throughout Texas and Arizona, including San Antonio, Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston and Phoenix. For over ten years, Fort Knox Security Services has provided customers with 24/7 customer support and home security equipment. Its Five-Diamond certified alarm dispatchers provide customers with an industry-leading 13-second response rate via its 24/7 UL-Certified monitoring center. It also has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Fort Knox Security Services offers 24/7 professional monitoring from $15.95/mo. It offers three equipment packages that cater to its customer’s home security and home automation needs. The Protect 360 package comes with three window and door sensors and a pet-friendly motion sensor, while its Control 360 package also lets customers choose an additional piece of security equipment. The Premium View 360 package adds image capturing functionality, live video monitoring, and smart home devices into the mix.
Best Home Security Systems in Fort Worth
- Best for No-Contract Options
Our take on Fort Knox Security: No matter what you’re looking for in a home security system, Fort Knox Home Security has a solution for you. This Texas-based company caters to both the DIY crowd and homeowners who prefer to let the pros handle their home security from start to finish. The company’s most affordable rate of $15.95 per month is only available if you sign a 36-month contract and purchase equipment. Expect to pay around $29.95 per month if you want a month-to-month option. Already own home security equipment? Fort Knox Home Security can monitor it for you.
★ Recommended Plan
View 360 Ultimate This plan provides three different video cameras for broad surveillance, plus a motion detector and three window or door sensors. You can control the system through a central touchscreen hub or your smartphone.
- DIY and professional installation options
- Smart home automation
- A variety of equipment to choose from
- Month-to-month option is pricey
- $99 installation fee depending on your plan
- Additional monthly app cost
- Best overall DIY security system
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe Home Security is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment, and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Best home security for industry experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best smart home security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint is our top choice for smart home security with an extensive line of equipment filled with smart features. The control panel also doubles as a smart hub. The only downside is that Vivint requires a long-term contract if you finance the equipment. Professional monitoring and installation are also required.
- Smart Hub to connect and control smart home and security devices
- Extensive smart features for security equipment including package detection and Smart Deter
- Wide range of security and smart home equipment
- Contract required for service and financed equipment.
- Professional monitoring and installation required
- Expensive equipment compared to other providers
- Best pet-friendly home security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short trial period (30 days)
- No professional installation option
Best Home Security Systems of 2020
Additional Local Home Security Providers in Fort Worth
- True Protection: True Protection’s local experts provide commercial and residential customers with a wide range of home automation and security equipment, including surveillance systems and fire alarm systems, cameras and professional installation options.
- Protectus Security: Protectus Security offers its clients with responsive customer service and same-day installation options. It also offers a Lifetime Warranty and Theft-Protection Guarantee and provides its clients with a range of security equipment, including touch-panels and security cameras.
- Smith Thompson Home Security: Smith Thompson Home Security is a family-owned and operated security company that is based in Plano, TX. It offers its clients a 24/7 monitoring and a month-to-month service plan.
- Safe Solutions: Based in Hurst, TX, Safe Solutions offers clients with security equipment, including security cameras and home automation equipment. Its mobile app allows customers to control their property at all times.
Surrounding Areas for Fort Worth
Fort Knox Security offers residential and commercial security solutions to customers in Fort Worth, TX and the surrounding areas, including:
- Everman, TX
- Benbrook, TX
- River Oaks, TX
- Sansom Park, TX
- Richland Hills, TX
- Westover Hills, TX
- White Settlement, TX
- Edgecliff Village, TX
- Haltom City, TX
- Naval Air Station/Jrb, TX
Common Home Security Equipment and Features
As one of the sentinels in your home, the motion sensor captures unusual activity, and your system lets you know. Some providers have motion sensors that are designed to be pet-friendly, avoiding pets under 80 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Learn more about motion sensors here in our post.
Door/window sensors are sentinels for your entry points. Most have a discreet profile so they’re not easily seen, but once an entry point is breached, your control panel sounds an alarm to let the intruder know they’ve been caught. Learn more about the door/window sensors offered by Frontpoint, Protect America, and SimpliSafe.
Indoor security camera
If you want to be able to monitor the interior of your home, communicate with family members, and check in on pets, then choosing an indoor security camera is a great option. Most indoor cameras feature HD video, come with night vision, and have two-way communication. Learn more about indoor security camera options offered by SimpliSafe, Vivint, and Abode.
Outdoor security camera
With a smart thermostat, you can potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most smart thermostats allow you to program them, creating a schedule for when your home’s heating and cooling system turns on. Some will also automatically adjust themselves based on certain conditions. Learn more about the smart thermostats offered by Vivint, Frontpoint, and ADT.
Go keyless with a smart lock, designed so you can easily lock or unlock your door via app. Some smart locks have a keycode feature, allowing you to set unique PINs for family members and or professionals who may need to access your home. Learn more about the smart locks offered by Guardian Protection, Protect America, and Scout.
Can’t decide? Compare top providers side-by-side: ADT vs. SimpliSafe, Vivint vs. Frontpoint, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions for Fort Worth, TX
Security cameras and motion sensors are a must-have for any home in Fort Worth. With 25,433 cases of property crime reported in 2018, it’s important to install security cameras that allow you and your professional security monitoring center to monitor your home around the clock.
Safe Solutions and True Protection offer indoor and outdoor security cameras that allow customers to live-stream footage directly from their homes. Protectus Security, Smith Thompson and True Protection offer video doorbells that can also be viewed directly from a mobile app. National home security providers Vivint, Frontpoint and SimpliSafe provide indoor, outdoor, and doorbell cameras to ensure that your home is secure 24/7.
True Protection, Safe Solutions and Protectus Security do not state whether or not they require a contract. Fort Knox Security Services and Smith Thompson offer contract terms once all equipment is paid for up front.
Protectus, Smith Thompson and ADT only offer professional installation options. Fort Knox Security Systems does provide free professional installation, while national providers such as Frontpoint and SimpliSafe offer a DIY installation option to their customers.
Fort Knox Security Services and local provider Smith Thompson offer a month-to-month service contract but only if all equipment is paid in full. However, if you are looking for a home security provider that is more suitable for renters, SimpliSafe is the best option with no contract required and DIY installation.