Compare Top Providers
1st Alarm Security
Pro. monitoring starts at
|Professional||Not specified online||Professional||DIY or Professional||DIY|
|36 months||Not specified online||42-60 mos. or pay for equipment in full||None||None|
Smart home compatibility
|Option to extend limited warranty||Not specified online||120-day equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty|
About El Paso
El Paso Crime Statistics
According to the FBI, El Paso reported 10,365 incidents of property crime in 2018. By far, larceny-theft crimes occurred in higher numbers compared to other incidents. Overall, El Paso is considered safer than 30% of U.S. cities. Here’s an exact breakdown of crimes in El Paso from 2018:
- 8,441 incidents of larceny-theft
- 1,750 incidents of aggravated assault
- 1,107 incidents of burglary
- 817 incidents of motor vehicle theft
- 376 incidents of robbery
El Paso Spotlight: 1st Alarm - Local Security Provider
1st Alarm has had 20 years in business servicing El Paso and 6 other cities in Texas. It offers four different plans with customization options to suit your needs, whether simple intrusion detection or video surveillance with home automation. 1st Alarm is transparent about its pricing, but not about its contract requirements. For those, you’ll need to request a quote.
1st alarm’s Standard package for $34.99/mo. includes remote access on the mobile app and via touchscreen. You also get a good amount of equipment included in the set, such as an interior siren, four entry sensors, a pet-friendly motion sensor, panic buttons and a key fob. The Cell Primary package for $44.99/mo. includes everything in the standard package, plus a GSM Cellular Radio. If you need video monitoring, the Go Control package for $49.99/mo. provides thermostat control with other home automation features. The Go Control with Video package for $67.99/mo. includes two indoor wireless cameras and one outdoor camera for a full suite of video surveillance equipment.
Best Home Security Systems in El Paso
- Regional TX Provider
1st Alarm SecurityBBB ratingB-Starting at$34.99/mo
1st Alarm is a moderately affordable home security option for El Paso residents, especially considering there’s no need to purchase equipment upfront. The packages include a range of equipment so that you pay for only what you need. If you oversee your property from afar, you can have all the best monitoring equipment keeping track. Unfortunately, First Alarm isn’t transparent about its contract requirements or pricing for additional services such as environmental monitoring, and their service comes with activation fees.
- Smart home devices and home automation features
- No upfront equipment purchase required
- Video surveillance packages available
- $69–$99 activation fee for each plan
- No transparent pricing for additional services
- No transparent about contract requirements
- Best overall DIY security system
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe Home Security is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment, and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Best home security for industry experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best smart home security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint is our top choice for smart home security with an extensive line of equipment filled with smart features. The control panel also doubles as a smart hub. The only downside is that Vivint requires a long-term contract if you finance the equipment. Professional monitoring and installation are also required.
- Smart Hub to connect and control smart home and security devices
- Extensive smart features for security equipment including package detection and Smart Deter
- Wide range of security and smart home equipment
- Contract required for service and financed equipment.
- Professional monitoring and installation required
- Expensive equipment compared to other providers
- Best pet-friendly home security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short trial period (30 days)
- No professional installation option
Best Home Security Systems of 2020
Additional Local Providers in El Paso
These are some of the other home security providers servicing El Paso:
- Dorney Security Systems Inc.: Dorney offers professional monitoring, fire monitoring, and home automation products that work with Alarm.com’s mobile app.
- Custom Domotics, LLC: Custom Domotics provides tailored home automation options with smart security devices such as a front door keypad that can give temporary codes for delivery persons or service providers that enter your home.
- Resident Technology: Resident Technology offers touchscreen control, home and fire monitoring, home automation and video surveillance.
- PyroCom Systems: PyroCom offers video surveillance systems, as well as intrusion detection, fire and life monitoring.
- Horizon Fire & Security Alarm Services: Horizon is an alarm company that monitors intrusion detection and fire, but it only works with your own equipment and doesn’t sell or provide equipment for you.
Surrounding Areas for El Paso
You might also look into providers servicing neighborhoods around El Paso, such as:
- Vinton, TX
- Canutillo, TX
- Anthony, TX
- Horizon City, TX
- Westway, TX
- Socorro, TX
- Sparks, TX
- San Elizario, TX
- Agua Dulce, TX
- Prado Verde, TX
Common Home Security Equipment and Features
As one of the sentinels in your home, the motion sensor captures unusual activity, and your system lets you know. Some providers have motion sensors that are designed to be pet-friendly, avoiding pets under 80 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Learn more about motion sensors here in our post.
Door/window sensors are sentinels for your entry points. Most have a discreet profile so they’re not easily seen, but once an entry point is breached, your control panel sounds an alarm to let the intruder know they’ve been caught. Learn more about the door/window sensors offered by Frontpoint, Protect America, and SimpliSafe.
Indoor security camera
If you want to be able to monitor the interior of your home, communicate with family members, and check in on pets, then choosing an indoor security camera is a great option. Most indoor cameras feature HD video, come with night vision, and have two-way communication. Learn more about indoor security camera options offered by SimpliSafe, Vivint, and Abode.
Outdoor security camera
With a smart thermostat, you can potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most smart thermostats allow you to program them, creating a schedule for when your home’s heating and cooling system turns on. Some will also automatically adjust themselves based on certain conditions. Learn more about the smart thermostats offered by Vivint, Frontpoint, and ADT.
Go keyless with a smart lock, designed so you can easily lock or unlock your door via app. Some smart locks have a keycode feature, allowing you to set unique PINs for family members and or professionals who may need to access your home. Learn more about the smart locks offered by Guardian Protection, Protect America, and Scout.
Can’t decide? Compare top providers side-by-side: ADT vs. SimpliSafe, Vivint vs. Frontpoint, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions for El Paso
1st Alarm is the best option for homeowners because it offers environmental monitoring. With 1st Alarm you can easily keep an eye on your property when you’re away with video surveillance, home automation and thermostat control.
1st Alarm, Dorney Security and most other providers in El Paso offer either wired or wireless surveillance systems. If you’re looking for advanced camera technology, see our review of some of the best camera equipment on the market.
While none of these providers offers financing on equipment, they have monitoring plans in which equipment is leased for the duration of the contract. Many national security providers, such as Nest, allow you to finance your equipment. Others like Protect America include the equipment for free with your monitoring plan for the duration of your contract.
All these providers require a contract, and most aren’t transparent about the length until you request a quote or inquire for more information. Several national providers offer service with no contract, including SimpliSafe and Frontpoint.