Compare Top Providers
Pro. monitoring starts at
|Professional||Professional||Professional||DIY or Professional||DIY|
|36 months||Call for information||42-60 mos. or pay for equipment in full||None||None|
Smart home compatibility
|Option to extend limited warranty||Call for information||120-day equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty|
About Corpus Christi
Known to locals as simply “Corpus”, Corpus Christi is a Texas city situated on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. With just over 326,000 residents, Corpus is the eighth-most populous city in Texas. Corpus Christi is home to many attractions, including the Texas State Aquarium and the USS Lexington Museum, as well as a wealth of natural attractions and beaches. The Padre Island National Seashore sees its share of migratory birds and is home to Kemp’s ridley sea turtles, an endangered species. The city also boasts rich cultural diversity, with a thriving arts scene and several museums, including the Art Museum of South Texas, the Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History and the Texas State Museum of Asian Cultures.
However, like any other city, Corpus Christi does experience crime, so it’s a good idea to research home security systems. We looked at some of the best home security providers in the area so you can find the right fit for your household.
Corpus Christi Crime Statistics
Corpus Christi has a relatively high crime rate compared to cities of similar size, according to Neighborhood Scout. The FBI’s 2018 crime report indicates that the following crimes took place in the city in 2018:
- 8,913 incidents of larceny-theft
- 2,146 incidents of burglary
- 1,654 incidents of aggravated assault
- 916 incidents of motor vehicle theft
- 515 incidents of robbery
Local Spotlight: Absolute Alarm — Local Security Provider
Absolute Alarm’s staff boasts decades of combined experience providing South Texas homes and businesses with security systems and professional monitoring. Unlike many other security companies, Absolute Alarms doesn’t offer a host of other services, such as audio/visual or home theater installations. Instead, Absolute specializes in security and security only.
Residential plans start at $30 per month for the most basic package and $35 for a cellular-based package. Both packages include one alarm panel, one keypad, an indoor siren, a motion detector, three door contacts and a battery backup. Absolute Alarm also offers a month of monitoring for free when you refer someone to the company.
- Best Home Security for Industry Experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
ADT’s a well-recognized name in the home security industry. It offers traditional security that requires professional installation and monitoring at a steep price.
★ Recommended Plan
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best for straightforward service
Absolute Alarm is a straightforward company that exclusively focuses on residential and commercial security systems. With decades of combined experience, this locally owned company provides easy-to-understand home security solutions, 24/7 professional monitoring, and customized services.
- Simple, straightforward service
- Longstanding local experience
- Easy pay program
- No DIY installation
- No home automation
- Must call for other options, such as cameras
- Best Smart Home Security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint has an extensive line of smart security equipment that you can expand over time. The downside is that you’ll have a long-term contract if you finance your equipment.
★ Recommended Plan
Vivint’s Smart Home Service is our recommended plan because it unlocks a larger selection of smart home devices, as well as video monitoring.
- Month-to-month contract option if equipment is purchased upfront
- Backup battery included with the Sky Control panel
- Extensive equipment features, including Vivint Car Guard
- Long contract if equipment is financed
- Installation can take 3-4 hours
- Short (120-day) equipment warranty and service guarantee (unless you purchase Premium)
- Best Overall DIY Security System
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
★ Recommended package: Barrington
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Best Pet-Friendly Home Security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
Frontpoint lets you choose both your package and monitoring plan to help build the perfect home security system for renters and homeowners alike. Monitoring can be costly, but free DIY installation helps lower costs without reducing reliability or protection.
★ Recommended Plan
Our recommended Frontpoint plan is the Safe Home Starter equipment package combined with the Ultimate monitoring plan, which will give you access to a smartphone app for monitoring your security devices.
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short (30 days) trial period
- No professional installation option
Other Local Providers
Corpus Christi residents can also explore other local home security companies, several of which we outline below.
- Echelon Home Theater and Security: A hybrid audio/visual and security company, Echelon Home Theater and Security offers alarm systems that include cameras, entry detection, 24/7 monitoring and home automation.
- Alarm Security: Alarm Security keeps rates low and promises never to raise your rate. All of Alarm Security’s services, including installation, monitoring and support, are done in house.
- DynaMark Security Centers: Serving Corpus Christi and surrounding areas since 1990, DynaMark provides residential security systems, fire alarms, CCTV, access control, and audio/visual services.
- AviTech: AviTech specializes in integrated security and safety solutions, including entry detection, 24/7 professional monitoring, fire and environmental sensors, home automation and CCTV/IP cameras.
- Red Alarm: Red Alarm serves Corpus Christi and the South Texas area with a variety of security services, including Brinks alarm systems, residential and marine camera systems and home automation systems.
Additional Areas Covered
Home security providers in Corpus Christi may also serve surrounding communities, including:
- Alice, Texas
- Aransas Pass, Texas
- Beeville, Texas
- Edinburg, Texas
- Harlingen, Texas
- Ingleside, Texas
- Kingsville, Texas
- Pleasanton, Texas
- Port Lavaca, Texas
- Portland, Texas
- Raymondville, Texas
- Robstown, Texas
- Rockport, Texas
- San Benito, Texas
- Victoria, Texas
Common Home Security Equipment and Features
As one of the sentinels in your home, the motion sensor captures unusual activity, and your system lets you know. Some providers have motion sensors that are designed to be pet-friendly, avoiding pets under 80 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Learn more about motion sensors here in our post.
Door/window sensors are sentinels for your entry points. Most have a discreet profile so they’re not easily seen, but once an entry point is breached, your control panel sounds an alarm to let the intruder know they’ve been caught. Learn more about the door/window sensors offered by Frontpoint, Protect America, and SimpliSafe.
Indoor security camera
If you want to be able to monitor the interior of your home, communicate with family members, and check in on pets, then choosing an indoor security camera is a great option. Most indoor cameras feature HD video, come with night vision, and have two-way communication. Learn more about indoor security camera options offered by SimpliSafe, Vivint, and Abode.
Outdoor security camera
With a smart thermostat, you can potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most smart thermostats allow you to program them, creating a schedule for when your home’s heating and cooling system turns on. Some will also automatically adjust themselves based on certain conditions. Learn more about the smart thermostats offered by Vivint, Frontpoint, and ADT.
Go keyless with a smart lock, designed so you can easily lock or unlock your door via app. Some smart locks have a keycode feature, allowing you to set unique PINs for family members and or professionals who may need to access your home. Learn more about the smart locks offered by Guardian Protection, Protect America, and Scout.
Can’t decide? Compare top providers side-by-side: ADT vs. SimpliSafe, Vivint vs. Frontpoint, and more.
FAQs for Corpus Christi
Burglary and aggravated assault are the most common crimes in Corpus Christi, so a robust entry-detection system and solid professional monitoring are important. Security cameras and motion sensors are also great deterrents for intruders.