Home Security in Knoxville, TN
Knoxville is home to 187,600 residents who enjoy gorgeous landscapes featuring lakes and colorful maple, oak, and sycamore trees. The feel is suburban, but with the Cumberland and the Great Smoky Mountains as neighbors, Knoxville is teeming with opportunities for outdoor adventure. According to the Neighborhood Scout, 97% of American cities are safer than Knoxville because of its crime rate. Wherever you live, it’s always important to secure your home or rental with the help of a security monitoring provider. Your provider should have ample local expertise, offer affordable rates and provide equipment that’s convenient and reliable. We’ve looked at the local providers in Knoxville to help you find the best one for your safety and peace of mind.
Compare Local Providers
Pro monitoring starts at:
|Professional||Professional||Professional||DIY or professional||DIY|
|N/A||42-60 months or pay equipment in full||36 months||None||None|
Smart home compatibility
|N/A||120-day equipment warranty||Option to extend limited warranty||3-year limited warranty||3-year limited warranty|
Knoxville Crime Statistics
According to FBI data, 8,827 property crimes occurred in Knoxville in 2018. Most involved larceny-theft but many were burglaries as well. According to Neighborhood Scout, Knoxville residents have a 1-in-21 chance of being a victim of property crime. Here’s a breakdown of crimes reported in Knoxville during 2018:
- 6,379 incidents of larceny-theft
- 1,374 incidents of burglary
- 1,107 incidents of aggravated assault
- 1,074 incidents of motor vehicle theft
- 249 incidents of robbery
Knoxville Spotlight: Liberty Security Systems — Local Security Provider
Liberty Security provides professional security alarm monitoring for residents in Knoxville and other cities in eastern Tennessee out of a UL-certified center. Its monitoring station has received a CSAA five-diamond certification, and it’s been serving the local area for 29 years. Rather than put forward its pricing, Liberty Security requires you to call the company for an estimate.
With Alarm.com smart devices and Z-wave compatibility, Liberty Security lets you automate your smart home so that everything from your lighting to your thermostat control is accessible on your smartphone. Liberty Security offers advanced video surveillance equipment, including HD 720p night vision cameras. You can remotely access the pan-and-tilt feature on a camera while viewing the live feed, and turn on alerts to get a motion-triggered video clip when the alarm is armed.
- Regional TN Provider
We like Liberty Security for its high level of local monitoring expertise. Additionally, we like its wide range of wireless equipment options featuring reliable cellular and IP connectivity. Since it offers everything from HD cameras to smart devices, this provider probably has everything you need to secure and automate your home.
- Cellular and IP connections options make the system reliable
- UL-listed, CSAA five-diamond certified monitoring center with 29 years of local experience
- Includes intuitive touch screen hub based on Google's Android operating system
- Pricing and contract information only available by consultation
- Charges installation fees
- No DIY installation option
- Best smart home security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint is our top choice for smart home security with an extensive line of equipment filled with smart features. The control panel also doubles as a smart hub. The only downside is that Vivint requires a long-term contract if you finance the equipment. Professional monitoring and installation are also required.
- Smart Hub to connect and control smart home and security devices
- Extensive smart features for security equipment including package detection and Smart Deter
- Wide range of security and smart home equipment
- Contract required for service and financed equipment.
- Professional monitoring and installation required
- Expensive equipment compared to other providers
- Best home security for industry experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best overall DIY security system
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe Home Security is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment, and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Best pet-friendly home security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short trial period (30 days)
- No professional installation option
Other Local Providers in Knoxville, TN
These are some of the other home security providers in Knoxville:
- His Security & Technology: This home monitoring provider sells and installs Alarm.com equipment and offers advanced home automation features, including geofencing.
- CPI Security: This regional provider offers professional monitoring, cutting-edge AI-enabled security camera systems and home automation with features such as energy management.
- SafeT Systems: SafeT provides professional monitoring from its UL-listed facility, plus home automation, access control and more.
- FES Security: This company started in 1972 and provides wireless security systems customized to your home’s needs, with professional monitoring, home automation and remote access.
Surrounding Areas for Knoxville
You might also look into providers servicing residential areas around the city, such as:
- Farragut, Tennessee
- Oak Ridge, Tennessee
- Louisville, Tennessee
- Norris, Tennessee
- Maryville, Tennessee
- Alcoa, Tennessee
- Lenoir City, Tennessee
- Jacksboro, Tennessee
- Clinton, Tennessee
Frequently Asked Questions for Knoxville
Residents in Knoxville should be secured with a front door camera or doorbell camera and professional monitoring. Wire-free equipment with multiple connectivity options is ideal.
Liberty Security Systems, His Security and Technology, CPI Security, SafeT Systems and FES Security provide professional installation.
Since Liberty Security Systems offers wire-free equipment, we think it’s a good choice for renters because it’s easy to install and can be re-installed elsewhere. If convenience is more important than local expertise, we recommend Blue by ADT for renters because it offers all-in-one smart equipment and contract-free monitoring.
Liberty Security Systems offers smart home devices made by Alarm.com. CPI Security and SafeT Systems sell their own smart devices, including lighting control devices.