Pet Friendly Alarm Systems
Let’s face it, not every home security system is perfect for pet owners. When looking for pet friendly alarm systems, you’ll want to consider several features like motion sensor sensitivity, security camera options, camera features, home environmental monitoring devices, smart home devices, and more. Don’t worry, we’ll delve a little more into some of these features as we take a look at some of the best home security systems for pet owners to consider.
Compare Pet Friendly Security Systems
Starting price for professional monitoring
|DIY||DIY or Professional||Professional||DIY||DIY or Professional|
|No contract required||No contract required||3 years||No contract required||36 months|
|60 days||60 days||6 months||30 days||15 days|
The Best Home Security Systems for Pet Owners
- Best for Instant Text Alerts
Cove SecurityOur rating7.2Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on Cove Security:
Although Cove Security launched just a couple of years ago, it offers some unique perks, such as the ability to completely avoid a contract by paying for equipment upfront. Another major selling point is Cove’s ease of installation.
★ Recommended plan: Build your own
- Affordable monitoring and equipment
- Installation takes about half an hour
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Limited equipment selection
- Does not connect to Z-Wave equipment
- Smartphone app only available with the most expensive monitoring package
- Best Overall DIY Security System
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
★ Recommended package: Barrington
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Best Home Security for Industry Experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
ADT’s a well-recognized name in the home security industry. It offers traditional security that requires professional installation and monitoring at a steep price.
★ Recommended Plan
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best Pet-Friendly Home Security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
Frontpoint lets you choose both your package and monitoring plan to help build the perfect home security system for renters and homeowners alike. Monitoring can be costly, but free DIY installation helps lower costs without reducing reliability or protection.
★ Recommended Plan
Our recommended Frontpoint plan is the Safe Home Starter equipment package combined with the Ultimate monitoring plan, which will give you access to a smartphone app for monitoring your security devices.
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short (30 days) trial period
- No professional installation option
- Best Landline Monitoring
Protect America Home SecurityOur rating7.2Starting at$19.99/mo
Our take on Protect America Home Security
Protect America stands out for its low-cost landline monitoring and great coverage for rural areas. Their professional monitoring has over 25 years of award-winning service and monitoring plans that are based on connectivity type. If you’re looking for a capable no-frills home security system you can install yourself, Protect America is a good choice for your family.
- Price-match guarantee
- Smart home devices and features
- Mobile app access & control
- Contract required
- Must upgrade to get video surveillance, smart features and smoke detection
- Cellular monitoring is the most expensive plan
Frequently Asked Questions About Pet Friendly Alarm Systems
Yes, you definitely can! Having a pet will not stop you from protecting your home with a security system. Most providers have pet-immune sensors that are designed to avoid detecting pets up to a certain weight.
Alarm systems function as normal if you have pets. With pet-immune sensors, you shouldn’t have to worry about false alarms if your sensors are placed properly in your home.
Pet friendly security systems have a wide range in cost. If you choose a DIY home security system, you may pay less than with a professional installed security system. For monitoring, you could pay as low as $14.99/mo. for a pet-friendly system. For equipment, depending on the provider, you may not have to pay anything for equipment upfront, but typically equipment ranges anywhere between $200 to upwards of $600.
This depends on whether you choose a professional monitoring plan or not. If you don’t opt into professional monthly, you won’t have a monthly fee. In this case, you’ll be responsible for monitoring your security system.