Pet-friendly alarm systems
Let’s face it, not every home security system is perfect for pet owners. When looking for pet–friendly alarm systems, you’ll want to consider several features like motion sensor sensitivity, security camera options, camera features, home environmental monitoring devices, smart home devices, and more. Don’t worry, we’ll delve a little more into some of these features as we take a look at some of the best home security systems for pet owners to consider.
Compare pet-friendly security systems
Starting price for professional monitoring
|DIY||DIY or Professional||Professional||DIY||DIY or Professional|
|No contract required||No contract required||3 years||No contract required||36 months|
|60 days||60 days||6 months||30 days||15 days|
The best home security systems for pet owners
- Best for instant text alerts
Cove SecurityOur rating9.3Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on Cove Security:
Although Cove Security launched just a couple of years ago, it offers some unique perks, such as the ability to avoid a contract by paying for equipment upfront. Another major selling point is Cove’s ease of installation.
- Best overall DIY security system
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe Home Security is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment, and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Best home security for industry experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best pet-friendly home security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short trial period (30 days)
- No professional installation option
- Best landline monitoring
Protect America Home SecurityOur rating7.2Starting at$19.99/mo
Our take on Protect America Home Security
Protect America stands out for its low-cost landline monitoring and great coverage for rural areas. Its professional monitoring has over 25 years of award-winning service and monitoring plans based on connectivity type. If you’re looking for a capable no-frills home security system you can install yourself, Protect America is a good choice for your family.
- Price match guarantee
- Smart home devices and features
- Mobile app access & control
- Contract required
- Must upgrade to get video surveillance, smart features, and smoke detection
- Cellular monitoring is the most expensive plan
Frequently asked questions about pet-friendly alarm systems
Yes, you definitely can! Having a pet will not stop you from protecting your home with a security system. Most providers have pet-immune sensors that are designed to avoid detecting pets up to a certain weight.
Alarm systems function as normal if you have pets. With pet-immune sensors, you shouldn’t have to worry about false alarms if your sensors are placed properly in your home.
Pet-friendly security systems have a wide range in cost. If you choose a DIY home security system, you may pay less than a professionally installed security system. For monitoring, you could pay as low as $15 per month for a pet-friendly system. Depending on the provider, you may not have to pay anything for equipment upfront, but typically equipment ranges between $200 to upwards of $600.
This depends on whether you choose a professional monitoring plan or not. If you don’t opt into professional monthly monitoring, you won’t have a monthly fee. In this case, you’ll be responsible for monitoring your security system.