Compare Top Providers
Pro. monitoring starts at
|Professional||Professional||DIY||DIY or Professional||DIY|
|36 months||42-60 mos. or pay for equipment in full||None||None||36 months|
Smart home compatibility
|Option to extend limited warranty||120-day equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty||Lifetime equipment warranty|
Home Security Systems in Tulsa
- Best home security for industry experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best smart home security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint is our top choice for smart home security with an extensive line of equipment filled with smart features. The control panel also doubles as a smart hub. The only downside is that Vivint requires a long-term contract if you finance the equipment. Professional monitoring and installation are also required.
- Smart Hub to connect and control smart home and security devices
- Extensive smart features for security equipment including package detection and Smart Deter
- Wide range of security and smart home equipment
- Contract required for service and financed equipment.
- Professional monitoring and installation required
- Expensive equipment compared to other providers
- Best pet-friendly home security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short trial period (30 days)
- No professional installation option
- Best overall DIY security system
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe Home Security is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment, and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Best landline monitoring
Protect America Home SecurityOur rating7.2Starting at$19.99/mo
Our take on Protect America Home Security
Protect America stands out for its low-cost landline monitoring and great coverage for rural areas. Its professional monitoring has over 25 years of award-winning service and monitoring plans based on connectivity type. If you’re looking for a capable no-frills home security system you can install yourself, Protect America is a good choice for your family.
- Price match guarantee
- Smart home devices and features
- Mobile app access & control
- Contract required
- Must upgrade to get video surveillance, smart features, and smoke detection
- Cellular monitoring is the most expensive plan
Best Home Security Systems of 2020
Common Home Security Equipment and Features
As one of the sentinels in your home, the motion sensor captures unusual activity, and your system lets you know. Some providers have motion sensors that are designed to be pet-friendly, avoiding pets under 80 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Learn more about motion sensors here in our post.
Door/window sensors are sentinels for your entry points. Most have a discreet profile so they’re not easily seen, but once an entry point is breached, your control panel sounds an alarm to let the intruder know they’ve been caught. Learn more about the door/window sensors offered by Frontpoint, Protect America, and SimpliSafe.
Indoor security camera
If you want to be able to monitor the interior of your home, communicate with family members, and check in on pets, then choosing an indoor security camera is a great option. Most indoor cameras feature HD video, come with night vision, and have two-way communication. Learn more about indoor security camera options offered by SimpliSafe, Vivint, and Abode.
Outdoor security camera
With a smart thermostat, you can potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most smart thermostats allow you to program them, creating a schedule for when your home’s heating and cooling system turns on. Some will also automatically adjust themselves based on certain conditions. Learn more about the smart thermostats offered by Vivint, Frontpoint, and ADT.
Go keyless with a smart lock, designed so you can easily lock or unlock your door via app. Some smart locks have a keycode feature, allowing you to set unique PINs for family members and or professionals who may need to access your home. Learn more about the smart locks offered by Guardian Protection, Protect America, and Scout.
Can’t decide? Compare top providers side-by-side: ADT vs. SimpliSafe, Vivint vs. Frontpoint, and more.
FAQs About Home Security Systems in Tulsa
This answer is going to depend on several factors. If you would prefer home security services from a provider with the most experience, we would recommend ADT. For more innovative home security and smart home features, Vivint would be a great option. But, if you would like to self-install your security system, we would recommend Frontpoint, SimpliSafe or Protect America. The provider you choose should meet your security needs.
Yes – each provider has security camera options.
Yes – each provider has home automation features. While SimpliSafe does not offer any smart home devices you can purchase, you can use SimpliSafe with digital assistants like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. SimpliSafe also integrates with Apple Watch and August Lock.