Compare Top Providers
Pro. monitoring starts at
|Professional||Professional||Professional||DIY or Professional||DIY|
|36 months||Not specified||42-60 mos. or pay for equipment in full||None||None|
Smart home compatibility
|Option to extend limited warranty||Not specified||120-day equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty|
About North Las Vegas
Neighboring the city of Las Vegas, North Las Vegas is one of the fastest-growing cities in Nevada. North Las Vegas is known for its panoramic desert vistas, Nevada’s only NASCAR event, and the Nellis Air Force Base. Whether it’s visiting museums, heading down to the strip, checking out racing tracks, or hiking nature trails, there’s something for everyone in North Las Vegas.
According to U.S. Census data, North Las Vegas has a current population of 251,974 and experienced 16.3% growth over the past 10 years. A growing population means that crime levels are inevitably affected, so it’s important to protect yourself and your family from property-based crime. Below, we share some of the best home security providers in the North Las Vegas area to help you choose the right home security company to keep your home safe.
North Las Vegas Crime Statistics
According to the FBI’s 2018 Crime in the U.S. report, there were a total of 5,202 property crimes recorded in North Las Vegas that year. Neighborhood Scout estimates that there is a 1-in-46 chance of becoming a victim of property crime, which is similar to the 1-in-41 average across Nevada.
Here is a breakdown of the most common crimes reported in North Las Vegas in 2018:
- 443 incidents of robbery
- 1,760 incidents of aggravated assault
- 1,326 incidents of burglary
- 2,677 incidents of larceny-theft
- 1,199 incidents of motor vehicle theft
- Best for Intruder Detection
Our take on Eagle Sentry: Eagle Sentry is an experienced provider that stands out with its different types of sensors to detect intruders. The Las Vegas-based company offers audio-sensing glass-break sensors and magnetic contact sensors, as well as motion detectors that can quickly alert you to intruders. This technology, alongside its surveillance and panic buttons, makes Eagle Sentry notable for its equipment packages.
- Customizable plans
- Affordable monthly monitoring costs
- Glass-break and magnetic sensors
- Limited information on packages and equipment
- No information on warranties for equipment
- Unclear whether a contract is required.
- Best home security for industry experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best smart home security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint is our top choice for smart home security with an extensive line of equipment filled with smart features. The control panel also doubles as a smart hub. The only downside is that Vivint requires a long-term contract if you finance the equipment. Professional monitoring and installation are also required.
- Smart Hub to connect and control smart home and security devices
- Extensive smart features for security equipment including package detection and Smart Deter
- Wide range of security and smart home equipment
- Contract required for service and financed equipment.
- Professional monitoring and installation required
- Expensive equipment compared to other providers
- Best overall DIY security system
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe Home Security is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment, and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Best pet-friendly home security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short trial period (30 days)
- No professional installation option
Best Home Security Systems of 2020
Other Local Providers
The Las Vegas area is home to several reputable home security providers. If you are looking for a locally based home security provider, here are some of the top picks for North Las Vegas:
- Secure24: As an ADT dealer, Secure24 provides great security equipment and 24/7 monitoring in the North Las Vegas area.
- Atlas Integrated Security: Atlas offers a range of helpful services, including alarm systems, access control, surveillance systems, and fire doors.
- Shield Fire & Security: Shield can install high-quality home security systems, including video doorbells, that can be controlled from the Honeywell Total Connect app.
- Desert Home Alarm: Desert is a Monitronics partner that provides monitored home security services and state-of-the-art equipment.
Additional Areas Covered
Home security providers and alarm companies in North Las Vegas may also protect homes in the following neighborhoods and cities:
- Summerlin South
- Tule Springs
- Desert Shores
- Centennial Hills
- North Cheyenne
Common Home Security Equipment and Features
As one of the sentinels in your home, the motion sensor captures unusual activity, and your system lets you know. Some providers have motion sensors that are designed to be pet-friendly, avoiding pets under 80 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Learn more about motion sensors here in our post.
Door/window sensors are sentinels for your entry points. Most have a discreet profile so they’re not easily seen, but once an entry point is breached, your control panel sounds an alarm to let the intruder know they’ve been caught. Learn more about the door/window sensors offered by Frontpoint, Protect America, and SimpliSafe.
Indoor security camera
If you want to be able to monitor the interior of your home, communicate with family members, and check in on pets, then choosing an indoor security camera is a great option. Most indoor cameras feature HD video, come with night vision, and have two-way communication. Learn more about indoor security camera options offered by SimpliSafe, Vivint, and Abode.
Outdoor security camera
With a smart thermostat, you can potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most smart thermostats allow you to program them, creating a schedule for when your home’s heating and cooling system turns on. Some will also automatically adjust themselves based on certain conditions. Learn more about the smart thermostats offered by Vivint, Frontpoint, and ADT.
Go keyless with a smart lock, designed so you can easily lock or unlock your door via app. Some smart locks have a keycode feature, allowing you to set unique PINs for family members and or professionals who may need to access your home. Learn more about the smart locks offered by Guardian Protection, Protect America, and Scout.
Can’t decide? Compare top providers side-by-side: ADT vs. SimpliSafe, Vivint vs. Frontpoint, and more.
FAQs for North Las Vegas, NV
Due to the area’s fairly high levels of theft, it’s important to keep your home and vehicle safe. One of the best ways to protect yourself is to install an outdoor camera to monitor for any potential intruders. Cameras can also act as a useful crime deterrent, as can motion sensors and security lights.
While most home security providers offer only professional installation services, there are some DIY options too. SimpliSafe is one of the most popular DIY home security solutions available.
Most security providers offer professional installation so you don’t have to worry about doing it yourself. Companies such as ADT, Eagle Sentry, and Secure24 will set up your home security system to ensure it’s up and running smoothly.
Many home security companies, including most local providers, require a minimum contract for services. For example, ADT typically requires a 12-month contract at minimum. If you prefer to avoid long commitments, companies such as SimpliSafe and Frontpoint offer month-to-month agreements instead, offering greater flexibility.
Many modern home security providers offer some kind of smart technology. Companies like ADT, Vivint, Eagle Sentry and more let you link your smartphone to your system so you can manage it from anywhere.
At $29.99 per month, Eagle Sentry’s starting price is comparable to many national providers. However, there are several national brands that offer monitoring costs of less than $20 per month, including SimpliSafe, Ring, and Cove.
Because many local providers require professional installation and lengthy contracts, we recommend looking at some of the best DIY national providers if you’re installing a home alarm system in a rental property. Companies such as Cove, Blue by ADT, and SimpliSafe make it easy to move your system with you and don’t tie you into long agreements that can make it difficult to change locations.