Compare Top Providers
Pro. monitoring starts at
|Professional||Professional||Professional||DIY or Professional||DIY|
|36 months||Call for info||42-60 mos. or pay for equipment in full||None||None|
Smart home compatibility
|Option to extend limited warranty||Call for info||120-day equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty|
Henderson, Nevada, is a short 20-minute drive to Las Vegas. With over 320,000 residents, Henderson is the second-largest city in Nevada. Beginning as a township around Basic Magnesium, inc., this area was a major source of magnesium during World War II. Once magnesium production declined, Nevada’s Colorado River Commission purchased the magnesium plants, and in 1953, Henderson was officially incorporated. Today, Henderson offers a variety of natural and cultural attractions, including Lake Las Vegas, the Clark County Museum, the Lion Habitat Ranch, the Sloan Canyon National Conservation Area and the Las Vegas Distillery.
Whether you’re relocating to Henderson or you’re already a long-time resident looking to update your home, a home security system is an important consideration. We’ll look at some of the top local home security providers to help find the right option for your household.
Henderson Crime Statistics
Like many cities of its size, Henderson’s most reported crime is larceny-theft. Neighborhood Scout indicates that your chances of becoming a victim of property crime in Henderson is 1 in 50, which is slightly lower than in the rest of the state. According to the FBI’s 2018 crime report, Henderson experienced the following crimes in 2018:
- 4,349 incidents of larceny-theft
- 1,042 incidents of burglary
- 681 incidents of motor vehicle theft
- 286 incidents of aggravated assault
- 217 incidents of robbery
Local Spotlight: Eagle Sentry — Local Security Provider
Based in Las Vegas, Eagle Sentry serves the Las Vegas Valley area with home security, camera surveillance and smart home systems. Eagle takes a “five levels of security” approach to protecting your home. Using sophisticated technology, Eagle starts this tiered protection system with advanced camera and surveillance analytics to detect threats before they reach your home. Combined with glass break sensors, magnetic contact sensors, motion detectors and panic buttons, Eagle’s advanced preventative system is a rarity in the industry.
Eagle Sentry’s packages start at $99 for equipment and $29.99 per month for the most basic alarm system. The company’s most comprehensive system costs $899 for equipment and $69.99 per month. This system includes Eagle’s smart detection camera technology with advanced analytics and video verification services. Eagle also offers a host of smart home automation services, including lighting control, motorized window treatments, media control and energy management.
- Best home security for industry experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best for Intruder Detection
Our take on Eagle Sentry: Eagle Sentry is an experienced provider that stands out with its different types of sensors to detect intruders. The Las Vegas-based company offers audio-sensing glass-break sensors and magnetic contact sensors, as well as motion detectors that can quickly alert you to intruders. This technology, alongside its surveillance and panic buttons, makes Eagle Sentry notable for its equipment packages.
- Customizable plans
- Affordable monthly monitoring costs
- Glass-break and magnetic sensors
- Limited information on packages and equipment
- No information on warranties for equipment
- Unclear whether a contract is required.
- Best smart home security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint is our top choice for smart home security with an extensive line of equipment filled with smart features. The control panel also doubles as a smart hub. The only downside is that Vivint requires a long-term contract if you finance the equipment. Professional monitoring and installation are also required.
- Smart Hub to connect and control smart home and security devices
- Extensive smart features for security equipment including package detection and Smart Deter
- Wide range of security and smart home equipment
- Contract required for service and financed equipment.
- Professional monitoring and installation required
- Expensive equipment compared to other providers
- Best overall DIY security system
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe Home Security is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment, and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Best pet-friendly home security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short trial period (30 days)
- No professional installation option
Other Local Providers
The area around Henderson is home to quite a few reputable home security system providers. Some of our other top choices for local alarm companies include:
- Sting Alarm: Serving the Las Vegas metro area, including Henderson, Sting Alarm specializes in home security, smart home and emergency detection services.
- Synergy: Synergy is a Brinks partner and Alarm.com dealer serving Southern Nevada with home security, monitoring, fire and carbon monoxide detection and medical response monitoring.
- Security One: Security One serves Nevada customers with home security systems, monitors, environmental detection and home automation.
- Brantley Security Systems: Local to Las Vegas, Brantley Security Systems uses a local central monitoring station for professional system monitoring. The company offers cameras, energy and home automation, fire and heat detection, flood detection and personal emergency monitoring.
Additional Areas Covered
Henderson is very close to Las Vegas and two state borders, which means home security companies serving Henderson may also serve areas such as:
- Barstow, California
- Boulder City, Nevada
- Bullhead City, Arizona
- Hurricane, Utah
- Kingman, Arizona
- Lake Havasu City, Arizona
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- North Las Vegas, Nevada
- Pahrump, Nevada
- Paradise, Nevada
- Saint George, Utah
- Spring Valley, Nevada
- Sunrise Manor, Nevada
- Washington, Utah
- Winchester, Nevada
Common Home Security Equipment and Features
As one of the sentinels in your home, the motion sensor captures unusual activity, and your system lets you know. Some providers have motion sensors that are designed to be pet-friendly, avoiding pets under 80 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Learn more about motion sensors here in our post.
Door/window sensors are sentinels for your entry points. Most have a discreet profile so they’re not easily seen, but once an entry point is breached, your control panel sounds an alarm to let the intruder know they’ve been caught. Learn more about the door/window sensors offered by Frontpoint, Protect America, and SimpliSafe.
Indoor security camera
If you want to be able to monitor the interior of your home, communicate with family members, and check in on pets, then choosing an indoor security camera is a great option. Most indoor cameras feature HD video, come with night vision, and have two-way communication. Learn more about indoor security camera options offered by SimpliSafe, Vivint, and Abode.
Outdoor security camera
With a smart thermostat, you can potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most smart thermostats allow you to program them, creating a schedule for when your home’s heating and cooling system turns on. Some will also automatically adjust themselves based on certain conditions. Learn more about the smart thermostats offered by Vivint, Frontpoint, and ADT.
Go keyless with a smart lock, designed so you can easily lock or unlock your door via app. Some smart locks have a keycode feature, allowing you to set unique PINs for family members and or professionals who may need to access your home. Learn more about the smart locks offered by Guardian Protection, Protect America, and Scout.
Can’t decide? Compare top providers side-by-side: ADT vs. SimpliSafe, Vivint vs. Frontpoint, and more.
FAQs for Henderson
Larceny-theft and burglary are the most reported crimes in Henderson, so a security system with great professional monitoring is a must. Cameras and motion sensors are also great deterrents for intruders.