Compare Top Providers
Pro. monitoring starts at
|Professional||Professional||Professional||DIY or Professional||DIY|
|36 months||Call for info||42-60 mos. or pay for equipment in full||None||None|
Smart home compatibility
|Option to extend limited warranty||Call for info||120-day equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty|
About Hialeah, FL
Hialeah is a residential neighborhood just northwest of Miami. It is one of the largest Spanish-speaking communities in the country and home to a thriving Cuban culture. The peaceful Everglades are set to the west of the city, while the vibrant Miami shore lies to the east. The city itself has plenty to offer, including the historic Hialeah Park Racing Track, now home to quarter horse racing and a bustling casino.
Overall, Hialeah is a welcoming place to live. However, to keep your experience peaceful, we recommend finding home security providers that can protect your Hialeah home with a strong alarm system. Below, we review some of the best home security systems in Hialeah to help you find the right security solution for your household.
Hialeah Crime Statistics
The FBI’s 2018 Crime in the United States Report reveals that while Hialeah is safer than some parts of the Miami metropolitan area, it still has its fair share of crime. Much of the crime in Hialeah occurs in the southern portion of the neighborhood, as well as the northeast corner. Overall, the city is only ranked safer than 21% of other U.S. cities. Below is a summary of some of the most common crimes in Hialeah according to the FBI’s 2018 crime records:
- 149 incidents of robbery
- 407 incidents of burglary
- 4,239 incidents of larceny-theft
- 709 incidents of motor vehicle theft
- 347 incidents of aggravated assault
- Best for Industry Experience
Helios SecurityBBB ratingA+Starting at$27.99/mo
Helios Security is a versatile brand with a wide range of equipment offerings, allowing you to create a custom system that meets your security needs. Its equipment and monitoring can be somewhat expensive, but Helios delivers quality results and has been a trusted local provider for over 30 years.
The $39.99-per-month plan provides great value. It includes 10 motion detectors, an image sensor, a smart control panel and Alarm.com mobile app compatibility.
- Professional installation
- Transparent pricing
- Custom security systems
- Expensive monitoring
- Expensive cameras
- No contract information
- Best home security for industry experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best smart home security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint is our top choice for smart home security with an extensive line of equipment filled with smart features. The control panel also doubles as a smart hub. The only downside is that Vivint requires a long-term contract if you finance the equipment. Professional monitoring and installation are also required.
- Smart Hub to connect and control smart home and security devices
- Extensive smart features for security equipment including package detection and Smart Deter
- Wide range of security and smart home equipment
- Contract required for service and financed equipment.
- Professional monitoring and installation required
- Expensive equipment compared to other providers
- Best overall DIY security system
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe Home Security is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment, and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Best pet-friendly home security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short trial period (30 days)
- No professional installation option
Best Home Security Systems of 2020
Other Local Providers
As a resident of Hialeah, going to a local security provider may be a priority. Below are some other popular alarm companies in the city and nearby areas.
- Omega Security of South Florida Inc.: This Honeywell-authorized dealer provides professional monitoring, security cameras, alarm systems and smart home features.
- Florida Fire & Burglary Inc.: Since 1997, this provider has been offering home security systems to South Florida residents. It supplies top tier cameras, alarm systems, 24/7 professional monitoring and home automation.
- Miami Security Systems: This Miami-based family business has an office in Hialeah. The company supplies and installs home security and fire prevention systems.
- AV Security Inc.: A South Florida provider based in Hialeah, this company supplies and installs security cameras, alarms, access controls and electronic gates.
- Florida Burglary Control: This Miami-based provider offers home security systems and fire and CO2 alarms with 24/7 wireless monitoring.
Additional areas covered
Many of Hialeah’s security providers also serve homes and businesses in surrounding areas of Florida, including:
- Miami Gardens
- Pembroke Pines
- Coral Gables
- Fort Lauderdale
Common Home Security Equipment and Features
As one of the sentinels in your home, the motion sensor captures unusual activity, and your system lets you know. Some providers have motion sensors that are designed to be pet-friendly, avoiding pets under 80 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Learn more about motion sensors here in our post.
Door/window sensors are sentinels for your entry points. Most have a discreet profile so they’re not easily seen, but once an entry point is breached, your control panel sounds an alarm to let the intruder know they’ve been caught. Learn more about the door/window sensors offered by Frontpoint, Protect America, and SimpliSafe.
Indoor security camera
If you want to be able to monitor the interior of your home, communicate with family members, and check in on pets, then choosing an indoor security camera is a great option. Most indoor cameras feature HD video, come with night vision, and have two-way communication. Learn more about indoor security camera options offered by SimpliSafe, Vivint, and Abode.
Outdoor security camera
With a smart thermostat, you can potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most smart thermostats allow you to program them, creating a schedule for when your home’s heating and cooling system turns on. Some will also automatically adjust themselves based on certain conditions. Learn more about the smart thermostats offered by Vivint, Frontpoint, and ADT.
Go keyless with a smart lock, designed so you can easily lock or unlock your door via app. Some smart locks have a keycode feature, allowing you to set unique PINs for family members and or professionals who may need to access your home. Learn more about the smart locks offered by Guardian Protection, Protect America, and Scout.
Can’t decide? Compare top providers side-by-side: ADT vs. SimpliSafe, Vivint vs. Frontpoint, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions for Hileah, FL
Burglary, larceny-theft and motor vehicle theft are common crimes in Hialeah, so it’s helpful to have both indoor and outdoor surveillance cameras and monitoring. Motion sensors are also a great deterrent for intruders.
Some of the local providers that offer professional installation include Helios Security, Omega Security, Florida Fire & Burglary Inc., Miami Security Systems, AV Security Inc. and Florida Burglary Control. National providers such as ADT and Vivint also offer quality professional installations.
Helios Security, Omega Security, Florida Fire & Burglary Inc., Miami Security Systems, AV Security Inc. and Florida Burglary Control all supply smart home technologies. National providers such as Blue by ADT, Cove and Vivint also offer some of the market’s best smart home devices.
Security cameras can be sourced from many local providers, including Helios Security, Omega Security, Florida Fire & Burglary Inc., Miami Security Systems, AV Security Inc. and Florida Burglary Control. National providers like Blue by ADT, SimpliSafe and Google Nest also offer some of the best security camera brands.
Because they offer noninvasive installation, Alder, SimpliSafe and Cove are some of the best options for Hialeah renters.
Contract requirements vary by company. ADT requires contracts starting at 12 months. Vivint only requires a contract (starting at 42 months) if you finance your equipment. Cove and SimpliSafe allow you to go completely contract-free.
Vivint allows for financing, but you will have to sign up for a 42–60-month contract. ADT also permits financing if you get a 24-month contract.