Compare Top Providers
Colorado Springs Alarm
Pro. monitoring starts at
|Professional||DIY or Professional||Professional||DIY or Professional||DIY|
|36 months||36 months||42-60 mos. or pay for equipment in full||None||None|
Smart home compatibility
|Option to extend limited warranty||Not specified||120-day equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty|
About Colorado Springs
Home to the University Of Colorado Springs, CO College, and the Air Force Academy, CO Springs is a college town set in the heart of the Rocky Mountains’ natural beauty. Tourists flock to Colorado Springs for attractions such as The Broadmoor Seven Falls, Cave Of The Winds Park, Garden of the Gods Park, and Pikes Peak.
Whether you’re new to Colorado Springs or have been in town for years, home security should be top-of-mind when considering a home purchase or new rental. Here we’ve laid out a few of the very best security companies in Colorado Springs.
Colorado Springs Crime Statistics
According to the FBI’s 2018 Crime Report, larceny-theft is the most reported crime in Colorado Springs. In addition to over 10,000 reports of larceny-theft, there were around 2,500 cases of burglary and car thefts, as well as over 1,500 aggravated assaults and around 500 robberies. Here are some of the top-reported crimes in 2018:
- 10,626 incidents of larceny-theft
- 2,727 incidents of burglary
- 2,399 incidents of motor vehicle theft
- 1,587 incidents of aggravated assault
- 515 incidents of robbery
Colorado Springs Spotlight: Colorado Springs Alarm — Local Security Provider
Colorado Springs Alarm serves Colorado Springs and surrounding areas of the state. While the company itself is relatively new, its leadership has been in the home security industry since 1979, which means Colorado Springs Alarm brings a lot of experience to the table. This company is also dedicated to positively impacting the local community, and gives 3% of all monitoring fees to a local chapter of the Care and Share food bank.
Colorado Springs Alarm features custom systems and plans, with professional monitoring starting at $25 per month. The company offers professional and do-it-yourself options, as well as home automation, video, smartphone control, weather alerts and even specialty monitoring such as gun safe or liquor cabinet monitoring. Colorado Springs Alarm also consistently garners great reviews from its customers.
- Regional CO Provider
Colorado Springs AlarmBBB ratingA+Starting at$25/mo
With flexible plans, plenty of equipment options and a month-to-month agreement available for DIY installs, CO Springs Alarm is a great choice for Colorado Springs and front range customers.
- DIY installation available
- Home automation
- Professional monitoring for existing systems
- Contract required
- Best home security for industry experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best smart home security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint is our top choice for smart home security with an extensive line of equipment filled with smart features. The control panel also doubles as a smart hub. The only downside is that Vivint requires a long-term contract if you finance the equipment. Professional monitoring and installation are also required.
- Smart Hub to connect and control smart home and security devices
- Extensive smart features for security equipment including package detection and Smart Deter
- Wide range of security and smart home equipment
- Contract required for service and financed equipment.
- Professional monitoring and installation required
- Expensive equipment compared to other providers
- Best overall DIY security system
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe Home Security is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment, and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Best pet-friendly home security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short trial period (30 days)
- No professional installation option
Best Home Security Systems of 2020
Additional Local Home Security Providers for Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs is a hotbed of great security companies, including:
- Bex Security: Bex Security consistently gets high marks from Colorado customers. This company also offers custom wellness monitoring.
- Home Front Defense: Another highly rated company, Home Front Defense offers professional monitoring, home automation and reminders.
- Affinity Integrated Solutions: Consistently on Colorado Springs best-of lists, Affinity Integrated Solutions partners with ADT Command to give you remote control of your system from anywhere.
- Alert Security: The staff at Alert Security has a combined 75 years of home security experience, which makes this company one of the most knowledgeable in the area.
Surrounding Areas for Colorado Springs
Local home security companies serve a number of surrounding areas around Colorado Springs, including:
- Black Forest, CO
- Briargate, CO
- Broadmore, CO
- Cascade, CO
- Cripple Creek, CO
- Falcon, CO
- Fountain, CO
- Green Mountain Falls, CO
- Manitou Springs, CO
- Marksheffel, CO
- Meridian Ranch, CO
- Old Colorado City, CO
- Peyton, CO
- Powers, CO
- Victor, CO
- Woodland Park, CO
Common Home Security Equipment and Features
As one of the sentinels in your home, the motion sensor captures unusual activity, and your system lets you know. Some providers have motion sensors that are designed to be pet-friendly, avoiding pets under 80 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Learn more about motion sensors here in our post.
Door/window sensors are sentinels for your entry points. Most have a discreet profile so they’re not easily seen, but once an entry point is breached, your control panel sounds an alarm to let the intruder know they’ve been caught. Learn more about the door/window sensors offered by Frontpoint, Protect America, and SimpliSafe.
Indoor security camera
If you want to be able to monitor the interior of your home, communicate with family members, and check in on pets, then choosing an indoor security camera is a great option. Most indoor cameras feature HD video, come with night vision, and have two-way communication. Learn more about indoor security camera options offered by SimpliSafe, Vivint, and Abode.
Outdoor security camera
With a smart thermostat, you can potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most smart thermostats allow you to program them, creating a schedule for when your home’s heating and cooling system turns on. Some will also automatically adjust themselves based on certain conditions. Learn more about the smart thermostats offered by Vivint, Frontpoint, and ADT.
Go keyless with a smart lock, designed so you can easily lock or unlock your door via app. Some smart locks have a keycode feature, allowing you to set unique PINs for family members and or professionals who may need to access your home. Learn more about the smart locks offered by Guardian Protection, Protect America, and Scout.
Can’t decide? Compare top providers side-by-side: ADT vs. SimpliSafe, Vivint vs. Frontpoint, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions for Colorado Springs
Larceny-theft, burglary, and car theft are the most reported crimes in Colorado Springs, so look for a company with great professional monitoring, entry sensors, and cameras.
For a local company with a great deal, try Colorado Springs Alarm. For an even cheaper solution on the national level, SimpliSafe is a great bet.
Colorado Springs Alarm offers custom packages and DIY installation with month-to-month arrangements, so this company is well-suited for renters.
Almost all Colorado Springs companies offer professional installation and rank among the best in the country, including Colorado Springs Alarm, Bex Security, and Home Front Defense. For national security provider options, consider ADT, Vivint, and Protect America.
Colorado Springs Alarm, Bex Security, Affinity Integrated Solutions, and Alert Security require contracts for their service.