Compare Top Providers
Pro. monitoring starts at
|Professional||Professional||Professional||DIY or Professional||DIY|
|36 months||36 months||42-60 mos. or pay for equipment in full||None||None|
Smart home compatibility
|Option to extend limited warranty||One-year equipment warranty||120-day equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty|
About Santa Clarita
Home to just over 210,000 people, Santa Clarita sits 30 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles, placing it in the second-biggest metropolitan area in the country. The Santa Clarita area has a rich history, starting with the first known settlers, the Tataviam, who came to the area around 450 C.E. Today, visitors to Santa Clarita can enjoy a wide variety of dining, shopping, and entertainment options. They can also take advantage of attractions such as the Gibbon Conservation Center, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor and the Vasquez Rocks Natural Area Park.
Whether a move to Santa Clarita is in your future, you’re a new homeowner in the area, or you’re a longtime resident, securing your home should be one of your top priorities. Below, we cover some of the best home security companies in Santa Clarita to help you find the right security solution for your household.
Santa Clarita Crime Stats
Santa Clarita is one of the safer communities in California. The city’s property crime rate is under 12 per 1,000 residents — quite a bit lower than California’s rate of almost 24 per 1,000 residents. Santa Clarita also rates as safer than 48% of U.S. cities. Still, Santa Clarita is not without crime, especially larceny-theft. Consider these figures from the FBI’s 2018 crime report:
- 1,560 incidents of larceny-theft
- 582 incidents of burglary
- 295 incidents of motor vehicle theft
- 151 incidents of aggravated assault
- 94 incidents of robbery
- Best for Personal Service
Founded in 1946, Bay Alarm Home Security has plenty of experience protecting homes. The company offers fully customizable plans to suit your home and budget. With great equipment and integration with smart devices, Bay Alarm’s security systems can give you peace of mind and control over your home safety.
★ Recommended Plan
Custom: Bay Alarm does not offer pre-bundled equipment packages. You’ll need to consult with a Bay Alarm representative to select the best equipment for your household, which may include wearable medical monitoring devices, fire and smoke detectors, and security cameras and sensors. A custom package allows you to get exactly what you want without having to pay for extras that you may not use, which is often the case with pre-bundled packages.
- Patrol and Response program
- Complete life safety system
- Fully customizable packages
- Minimum contract of 36 months required
- Lack of specific pricing on the website
- Lack of contract details on the website
- Best home security for industry experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best smart home security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint is our top choice for smart home security with an extensive line of equipment filled with smart features. The control panel also doubles as a smart hub. The only downside is that Vivint requires a long-term contract if you finance the equipment. Professional monitoring and installation are also required.
- Smart Hub to connect and control smart home and security devices
- Extensive smart features for security equipment including package detection and Smart Deter
- Wide range of security and smart home equipment
- Contract required for service and financed equipment.
- Professional monitoring and installation required
- Expensive equipment compared to other providers
- Best overall DIY security system
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe Home Security is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment, and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Best pet-friendly home security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short trial period (30 days)
- No professional installation option
Best Home Security Systems of 2020
Other Local Providers
Santa Clarita residents enjoy plenty of choices when it comes to alarm systems. Here’s a look at some other top providers in the area:
- Secure Tech: Secure Tech boasts decades of experience serving the San Fernando Valley and Santa Clarita. The company offers burglar and fire alarms, security cameras, access control and other low-voltage services.
- Sebastian Systems: Sebastian Systems is a complete low-voltage contractor, which means it not only offers security systems, CCTV and professional monitoring, but it also offers home automation systems, lighting controls, networking and more.
- Smart Systems Technologies: Smart Systems Technologies serves customers in California and Arizona with custom home security, automation and home entertainment systems.
- Boyd and Associates: Founded in 1967, Boyd and Associates is one of the oldest and biggest family-owned security companies in Southern California. Boyd offers a full array of home security and smart home automation solutions.
Additional Areas Covered
Home security providers in Santa Clarita may also serve surrounding areas in California, such as:
- Agoura Hills,
- Beverly Hills
- La Canada Flintridge
- Quartz Hill
- San Fernando
- Santa Monica
- Simi Valley
- Thousand Oaks
- West Hollywood
- Westlake Village
Common Home Security Equipment and Features
As one of the sentinels in your home, the motion sensor captures unusual activity, and your system lets you know. Some providers have motion sensors that are designed to be pet-friendly, avoiding pets under 80 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Learn more about motion sensors here in our post.
Door/window sensors are sentinels for your entry points. Most have a discreet profile so they’re not easily seen, but once an entry point is breached, your control panel sounds an alarm to let the intruder know they’ve been caught. Learn more about the door/window sensors offered by Frontpoint, Protect America, and SimpliSafe.
Indoor security camera
If you want to be able to monitor the interior of your home, communicate with family members, and check in on pets, then choosing an indoor security camera is a great option. Most indoor cameras feature HD video, come with night vision, and have two-way communication. Learn more about indoor security camera options offered by SimpliSafe, Vivint, and Abode.
Outdoor security camera
With a smart thermostat, you can potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most smart thermostats allow you to program them, creating a schedule for when your home’s heating and cooling system turns on. Some will also automatically adjust themselves based on certain conditions. Learn more about the smart thermostats offered by Vivint, Frontpoint, and ADT.
Go keyless with a smart lock, designed so you can easily lock or unlock your door via app. Some smart locks have a keycode feature, allowing you to set unique PINs for family members and or professionals who may need to access your home. Learn more about the smart locks offered by Guardian Protection, Protect America, and Scout.
Can’t decide? Compare top providers side-by-side: ADT vs. SimpliSafe, Vivint vs. Frontpoint, and more.
FAQs for Santa Clarita
Burglary, auto theft and other forms of larceny-theft are the most common crimes in the Santa Clarita area, so a home security system with professional 24/7 monitoring and reliable entry detection is a must. Cameras and motion sensors can also deter potential intruders.
Bay Alarm’s rates for 24/7 professional monitoring start at $35 per month, which is comparable to companies such as Vivint. For an even bigger bargain, check out home security systems from national companies such as SimpliSafe or Cove.
Local companies that offer professional installation include Bay Alarm, Secure Tech, Sebastian Systems and Boyd and Associates. Many national firms, such as Brinks and Vivint, also offer professional installation.
Bay Alarm offers a wide range of home automation products such as automatic locks, thermostats, garage door openers and lighting control. National companies like Frontpoint also offer smart home devices.
Long-term contracts are the norm with local home security companies. Bay Alarm, for example, requires a three-year contract.