Compare Top Providers
Pro. monitoring starts at
|Professional||Professional||Professional||DIY or Professional||DIY|
|36 months||36 months||42-60 mos. or pay for equipment in full||None||None|
Smart home compatibility
|Option to extend limited warranty||One year||120-day equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty|
About Fremont, CA
Located on the southeastern shore of the San Francisco Bay, Fremont, California, is known for its natural scenery and deep historical roots. Coyote Hills Regional Park and Mission Peaks Regional Preserve both provide hiking trails with beautiful views and plenty of wildlife, while the Niles Canyon Transcontinental Railroad Historic District offers a dose of the Old West with the final stretch of the Transcontinental Railroad completed there in 1870. For more Old West history, Fremont residents and visitors can head to the Ardenwood Historic Farm and its gorgeous Victorian homestead, or the church and museum at Mission San Jose. Additionally, the Aqua Adventure Water Park is located near Lake Elizabeth in Fremont’s Central Park and offers fun for the whole family.
That being said, for the 238,024 residents of Fremont, we know that safety is even more important than fun, which is why it’s critical to know your options for the best home security systems in Fremont.
Fremont Crime Stats
Neighborhood Scout places Fremont in the 23rd percentile for the safest U.S. cities, making it more dangerous than 77% of cities in the country. Fremont sees about 552 violent crimes and just under 5,000 property crimes every year. In Fremont in 2018, the FBI reported:
- 3,284 incidents of larceny-theft
- 720 incidents of burglary
- 228 incidents of aggravated assault
- 683 incidents of motor vehicle theft
- 216 incidents of robbery
- Best for Personal Service
Founded in 1946, Bay Alarm Home Security has plenty of experience protecting homes. The company offers fully customizable plans to suit your home and budget. With great equipment and integration with smart devices, Bay Alarm’s security systems can give you peace of mind and control over your home safety.
★ Recommended Plan
Custom: Bay Alarm does not offer pre-bundled equipment packages. You’ll need to consult with a Bay Alarm representative to select the best equipment for your household, which may include wearable medical monitoring devices, fire and smoke detectors, and security cameras and sensors. A custom package allows you to get exactly what you want without having to pay for extras that you may not use, which is often the case with pre-bundled packages.
- Patrol and Response program
- Complete life safety system
- Fully customizable packages
- Minimum contract of 36 months required
- Lack of specific pricing on the website
- Lack of contract details on the website
- Best home security for industry experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best smart home security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint is our top choice for smart home security with an extensive line of equipment filled with smart features. The control panel also doubles as a smart hub. The only downside is that Vivint requires a long-term contract if you finance the equipment. Professional monitoring and installation are also required.
- Smart Hub to connect and control smart home and security devices
- Extensive smart features for security equipment including package detection and Smart Deter
- Wide range of security and smart home equipment
- Contract required for service and financed equipment.
- Professional monitoring and installation required
- Expensive equipment compared to other providers
- Best overall DIY security system
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe Home Security is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment, and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Best pet-friendly home security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short trial period (30 days)
- No professional installation option
Best Home Security Systems of 2020
Other Local Providers
With a location close to other major Bay Area metropolitan hubs, such as San Francisco and San Jose, Fremont has a wide variety of local alarm companies for residents who prefer to shop locally. The following home security providers serve the Fremont area.
- Safco Security: Safco has been installing security systems for homes and businesses in the San Francisco Bay area since 1989.
- All-Guard: All-Guard offers a suite of home security services. The company is also committed to giving back through its community partnerships with Children’s Hospital Oakland and the Alameda County Community Food Bank.
- Home Security Santa Clara: Located just outside Fremont in Santa Clara, Home Security Santa Clara offers alarm system financing and professional home security system installation.
- First Alarm Security Services: First Alarm has its own Central Monitoring Station located in Aptos, California. The station is UL- and Five Diamond-certified.
Additional Areas Covered
Fremont home security providers cover many areas around Fremont, including:
- Union City
Common Home Security Equipment and Features
As one of the sentinels in your home, the motion sensor captures unusual activity, and your system lets you know. Some providers have motion sensors that are designed to be pet-friendly, avoiding pets under 80 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Learn more about motion sensors here in our post.
Door/window sensors are sentinels for your entry points. Most have a discreet profile so they’re not easily seen, but once an entry point is breached, your control panel sounds an alarm to let the intruder know they’ve been caught. Learn more about the door/window sensors offered by Frontpoint, Protect America, and SimpliSafe.
Indoor security camera
If you want to be able to monitor the interior of your home, communicate with family members, and check in on pets, then choosing an indoor security camera is a great option. Most indoor cameras feature HD video, come with night vision, and have two-way communication. Learn more about indoor security camera options offered by SimpliSafe, Vivint, and Abode.
Outdoor security camera
With a smart thermostat, you can potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most smart thermostats allow you to program them, creating a schedule for when your home’s heating and cooling system turns on. Some will also automatically adjust themselves based on certain conditions. Learn more about the smart thermostats offered by Vivint, Frontpoint, and ADT.
Go keyless with a smart lock, designed so you can easily lock or unlock your door via app. Some smart locks have a keycode feature, allowing you to set unique PINs for family members and or professionals who may need to access your home. Learn more about the smart locks offered by Guardian Protection, Protect America, and Scout.
Can’t decide? Compare top providers side-by-side: ADT vs. SimpliSafe, Vivint vs. Frontpoint, and more.
FAQs for Fremont, CA
Because Fremont has relatively high rates of property crime, using outdoor cameras and video doorbells is a good way to protect your home and vehicle. Outdoor motion sensor lights are also a great tool for deterring intruders.
Safco Security, All-Guard, Home Security Santa Clara and Bay Alarm all offer security cameras as part of their home security systems. Our top picks for national alarm companies offering outdoor cameras in Fremont are Blue by ADT and Nest.
Fremont renters will appreciate the flexibility of SimpliSafe, with equipment packages starting at just $229 for wireless devices that you can install yourself and take with you when you move. Monitoring is optional and starts at $14.99 a month, and you won’t have to sign a contract with SimpliSafe, so if you need to cancel your monitoring at any time, you can.
For the best home security companies offering DIY installation in Fremont, check out SimpliSafe, Cove and Blue by ADT. These three companies earned our top picks for their easy equipment installation, affordable pricing and flexible options.
All-Guard, First Alarm Security Services, Safco Security, Bay Alarm and Home Security Santa Clara all provide professional installation services to Fremont residents. National providers ADT, Vivint and Protect America also offer professional home security installation to homeowners and renters in and around Fremont.
Home Security Santa Clara, All-Guard and Bay Alarm offer smart home devices that integrate with their home security systems. Cove, ADT, Protect America and Vivint are national providers that also provide smart home devices in their home security equipment lineups.