Compare Top Providers
Pro. monitoring starts at
|Professional||Professional||Professional||DIY or Professional||DIY|
|36 months||36 months||42-60 mos. or pay for equipment in full||None||None|
Smart home compatibility
|Option to extend limited warranty||One year||120-day equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty|
About Fontana, CA
Fontana, California, is uniquely situated to give residents the best of city life and nature. Craving the bustle of the city? Drive one hour west to Los Angeles. Need a mountain retreat? Drive 30 minutes east to the San Bernardino National Forest. Just want to put your feet up? Nothing beats the comfort and safety of your own Fontana home.
But what should you do if you don’t feel safe and comfortable at home because you’re worried about intruders? You need the peace of mind that only the best home security systems can provide. Innovative surveillance equipment and alarm systems keep constant watch over your home, and so do professional monitors who stand at the ready to assess the situation whenever a possible threat is detected.
Learn more about the best home security companies in Fontana, California, so that you can find the right security solution for your household.
Fontana Crime Stats
According to the FBI’s crime data, residents of Fontana reported the following crimes in 2018:
- 1,773 incidents of larceny-theft
- 542 incidents of burglary
- 443 incidents of aggravated assault
- 903 incidents of motor vehicle theft
- 195 incidents of robbery
Data from Neighborhood Scout indicates that most of the reported crime occurs in the downtown area, bound approximately by Citrus Ave to the west, Miller Ave to the north, Palmetto Ave to the east and I-10 to the south. In contrast, North Fontana and West End report the fewest crimes in the city.
- Best for Personal Service
Founded in 1946, Bay Alarm Home Security has plenty of experience protecting homes. The company offers fully customizable plans to suit your home and budget. With great equipment and integration with smart devices, Bay Alarm’s security systems can give you peace of mind and control over your home safety.
★ Recommended Plan
Custom: Bay Alarm does not offer pre-bundled equipment packages. You’ll need to consult with a Bay Alarm representative to select the best equipment for your household, which may include wearable medical monitoring devices, fire and smoke detectors, and security cameras and sensors. A custom package allows you to get exactly what you want without having to pay for extras that you may not use, which is often the case with pre-bundled packages.
- Patrol and Response program
- Complete life safety system
- Fully customizable packages
- Minimum contract of 36 months required
- Lack of specific pricing on the website
- Lack of contract details on the website
- Best Home Security for Industry Experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
ADT’s a well-recognized name in the home security industry. It offers traditional security that requires professional installation and monitoring at a steep price.
★ Recommended Plan
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best Smart Home Security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint has an extensive line of smart security equipment that you can expand over time. The downside is that you’ll have a long-term contract if you finance your equipment.
★ Recommended Plan
Vivint’s Smart Home Service is our recommended plan because it unlocks a larger selection of smart home devices, as well as video monitoring.
- Month-to-month contract option if equipment is purchased upfront
- Backup battery included with the Sky Control panel
- Extensive equipment features, including Vivint Car Guard
- Long contract if equipment is financed
- Installation can take 3-4 hours
- Short (120-day) equipment warranty and service guarantee (unless you purchase Premium)
- Best Overall DIY Security System
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$19.99/mo
Our Take on SimpliSafe Home Security
SimpliSafe is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
★ Recommended Package
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in basic monitoring plan
- Best Pet-Friendly Home Security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
Frontpoint lets you choose both your package and monitoring plan to help build the perfect home security system for renters and homeowners alike. Monitoring can be costly, but free DIY installation helps lower costs without reducing reliability or protection.
★ Recommended Plan
Our recommended Frontpoint plan is the Safe Home Starter equipment package combined with the Ultimate monitoring plan, which will give you access to a smartphone app for monitoring your security devices.
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short (30 days) trial period
- No professional installation option
Best Home Security Systems of 2020
Other Local Providers
If you’re looking for additional providers serving the Fontana area, check out these alternatives to Bay Alarm.
- Safe-T Security: This company will not lock you into a long-term contract, and professional monitoring starts at just $13.95 per month.
- Security One: Security One offers a lifetime warranty, free installation and a locked-in rate for four different equipment packages.
- Zions Security: This company is an ADT dealer in Fontana, allowing you to benefit from ADT’s innovative technology and top-of-the-line monitoring stations while still experiencing personalized local customer service.
Additional Areas Covered
Residential alarm companies located in Fontana, California, also tend to provide installation and monitoring services for residents in the following nearby areas in California:
- Rancho Cucamonga
- Jurupa Valley
- San Bernardino
- Moreno Valley
- West Covina
Common Home Security Equipment and Features
As one of the sentinels in your home, the motion sensor captures unusual activity, and your system lets you know. Some providers have motion sensors that are designed to be pet-friendly, avoiding pets under 80 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Learn more about motion sensors here in our post.
Door/window sensors are sentinels for your entry points. Most have a discreet profile so they’re not easily seen, but once an entry point is breached, your control panel sounds an alarm to let the intruder know they’ve been caught. Learn more about the door/window sensors offered by Frontpoint, Protect America, and SimpliSafe.
Indoor security camera
If you want to be able to monitor the interior of your home, communicate with family members, and check in on pets, then choosing an indoor security camera is a great option. Most indoor cameras feature HD video, come with night vision, and have two-way communication. Learn more about indoor security camera options offered by SimpliSafe, Vivint, and Abode.
Outdoor security camera
With a smart thermostat, you can potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most smart thermostats allow you to program them, creating a schedule for when your home’s heating and cooling system turns on. Some will also automatically adjust themselves based on certain conditions. Learn more about the smart thermostats offered by Vivint, Frontpoint, and ADT.
Go keyless with a smart lock, designed so you can easily lock or unlock your door via app. Some smart locks have a keycode feature, allowing you to set unique PINs for family members and or professionals who may need to access your home. Learn more about the smart locks offered by Guardian Protection, Protect America, and Scout.
Can’t decide? Compare top providers side-by-side: ADT vs. SimpliSafe, Vivint vs. Frontpoint, and more.
FAQs for Fontana, CA
The most common property crimes in Fontana — larceny-theft and motor vehicle theft — involve taking someone’s property, but don’t necessarily involve the use of force or intimidation. Therefore, the best home security systems for Fontana residents should include smart door locks. Door and window alarms, motion sensors, and two-way audio devices also help deter intruders.
Bay Alarm, Safe-T Security, Security One and Zions Security all offer smart home devices. However, you should expect to pay extra for home automation technology. Basic security systems — including those that use landlines — tend to be less expensive. On a national scale, Vivint offers outstanding home automation features.