Compare Top Providers
Pro. monitoring starts at
|$45.99/mo.||$29.99 with a landline, $39.99 for wireless||$29.99/mo.||$14.99/mo.||$44.99/mo.|
|Professional||Professional||Professional||DIY or Professional||DIY|
|36 months||1 year minimum||42-60 mos. or pay for equipment in full||None||None|
Smart home compatibility
|Option to extend limited warranty||No||120-day equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty|
About Santa Ana
As the largest city in Orange County, Santa Ana, California, offers many attractions for its more than 332,000 residents and the numerous tourists that travel to it each year, including the Discovery Cube, Bowers Museum, Santa Ana Zoo, and Orange County Museum of Art. Santa Ana is a quiet getaway compared to the bustling city of Los Angeles located to the northwest. This urban area is just a short drive from the Pacific Ocean to the west and the mountains to the east. It also straddles the Santa Ana River and is dotted with small neighborhood parks, which makes it the perfect place for residents and tourists to enjoy city life and nature on the same day. But is your Santa Ana residence safe when you’re away? Discover the best home security systems and providers that can protect your family, home and property any time of day or night.
Santa Ana Crime Stats
Neighborhood Scout data reveals that the neighborhoods of City Center, Cornerstone Village, Cedar-Evergreen Co-Op and Delhi experience the most crime in Santa Ana. When comparing the FBI’s crime data for Santa Ana to other municipalities, such as Irvine and Huntington Beach, Santa Ana does not stand out as having significantly more or less crime.
According to the FBI’s 2018 city data, residents of Santa Ana experienced the following crimes in 2018:
- 3,931 reported incidents of larceny-theft
- 910 reported incidents of burglary
- 821 reported incidents of aggravated assault
- 1,549 reported incidents of motor vehicle theft
- 499 reported incidents of robbery
- Best home security for industry experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best for Professional Support
StarBrite AlarmStarting at$29.99/mo
StarBrite Alarm has won a JD Power Award for customer service and operates a five-star UL-certified monitoring center. As a Brinks-authorized dealer, StarBrite Alarm combines industry-leading home security and automation technology with the kind of personalized attention and service you can expect from a company with local roots.
★ Recommended plan:
- 5-star UL-certified monitoring center
- Smart home equipment
- Can monitor existing system
- No self-monitoring option
- Trip fees and permit fees may apply
- Must have a landline for the $29.99 package
- Best smart home security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint is our top choice for smart home security with an extensive line of equipment filled with smart features. The control panel also doubles as a smart hub. The only downside is that Vivint requires a long-term contract if you finance the equipment. Professional monitoring and installation are also required.
- Smart Hub to connect and control smart home and security devices
- Extensive smart features for security equipment including package detection and Smart Deter
- Wide range of security and smart home equipment
- Contract required for service and financed equipment.
- Professional monitoring and installation required
- Expensive equipment compared to other providers
- Best overall DIY security system
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe Home Security is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment, and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Best pet-friendly home security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short trial period (30 days)
- No professional installation option
Other Local Providers
There are many other local providers in the Santa Ana and greater Orange County area. Here are a few options you might want to check out:
- Golden Eye Security Systems: This company serves greater Orange County and provides alarm systems and surveillance cameras with 24/7 monitoring.
- Unify Smart Home: Unify Smart Home offers home security systems that integrate with a home automation hub and mobile app for seamless control.
- Comlock Security Group: This company provides residential alarm systems with professional, local monitoring under a 24-month contract.
- Jadtec Security Services: Jadtec Security Services requires an upfront installation fee for its equipment, but it offers low month-to-month monitoring fees and discounts for advance payments.
- Boyd and Associates: This company boasts decades of experience protecting southern California residents with wireless equipment and professional monitoring.
Additional Areas Covered
Home security companies serving Santa Ana may also serve other nearby areas in California, including:
- Huntington Beach
- Long Beach
- Mission Viejo
- Laguna Beach
- San Clemente
Common Home Security Equipment and Features
As one of the sentinels in your home, the motion sensor captures unusual activity, and your system lets you know. Some providers have motion sensors that are designed to be pet-friendly, avoiding pets under 80 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Learn more about motion sensors here in our post.
Door/window sensors are sentinels for your entry points. Most have a discreet profile so they’re not easily seen, but once an entry point is breached, your control panel sounds an alarm to let the intruder know they’ve been caught. Learn more about the door/window sensors offered by Frontpoint, Protect America, and SimpliSafe.
Indoor security camera
If you want to be able to monitor the interior of your home, communicate with family members, and check in on pets, then choosing an indoor security camera is a great option. Most indoor cameras feature HD video, come with night vision, and have two-way communication. Learn more about indoor security camera options offered by SimpliSafe, Vivint, and Abode.
Outdoor security camera
With a smart thermostat, you can potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most smart thermostats allow you to program them, creating a schedule for when your home’s heating and cooling system turns on. Some will also automatically adjust themselves based on certain conditions. Learn more about the smart thermostats offered by Vivint, Frontpoint, and ADT.
Go keyless with a smart lock, designed so you can easily lock or unlock your door via app. Some smart locks have a keycode feature, allowing you to set unique PINs for family members and or professionals who may need to access your home. Learn more about the smart locks offered by Guardian Protection, Protect America, and Scout.
Can’t decide? Compare top providers side-by-side: ADT vs. SimpliSafe, Vivint vs. Frontpoint, and more.
FAQs for Santa Ana, CA
Santa Ana residents can potentially deter burglars with well-placed outdoor security cameras and motion sensors, as well as prominently placed yard signs and window decals. Because motor vehicle theft is a problem in Santa Ana, garage door sensors are also a good idea. Environmental sensors and alarms can also help protect your family.
StarBrite Alarm, Golden Eye Security Systems, Comlock Security Group and Jadtec Security Services represent good local options for professional installation in Santa Ana. National providers such as ADT and Vivint can also install your home security system for you.
Local Santa Ana business Unify Smart Home exclusively offers smart home devices, allowing you to completely control your home security system from a mobile app, touchscreen hub or voice-activated hub. Most national home security providers also offer smart home devices and corresponding apps, including SimpliSafe, Vivint, Protect America, Frontpoint, and ADT.
One of Santa Ana’s local home security providers, StarBrite Alarm requires a 36-month contract. Another Orange County provider, Comlock Security Group requires a 24-month contract. For no-contract home security from national providers, try Blue by ADT or Abode.
Local companies like StarBrite Alarm, Golden Eye Security Systems, Jadtec Security Services, Boyd and Associates and Comlock Security Group all offer security cameras. Virtually all national home security companies offer at least one type of security camera, and companies such as Blue by ADT give customers several options from which to choose.