Home Security Systems with No Credit Check
It’s no secret that some home security providers require a credit a check before allowing you to purchase their equipment and use their services. However, there are several providers who are exceptions to this practice, making it easier for those who might not have the best credit to still get the security they need for their homes. Keep reading to find out our top provider picks and the features you’ll want to look for.
Compare Home Security Systems with No Credit Check
Ring Home Security
Pro monitoring starts at
|DIY or Professional||DIY||DIY||DIY||DIY|
|No contract required||No contract required||No contract required||No contract required||No contract required|
|60 days||60 days||30 days||30 days||60 days|
What is the best home security package for you?
Use our Package Finder to find the right package based on your home security needs!
The Best Home Security Systems with No Credit Check
- Best Overall DIY Security System
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
★ Recommended package: Barrington
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
SimpliSafe is our top pick and does not require a credit check if you purchase your equipment upfront. If you choose to finance your SimpliSafe system, you will be subject to a credit check for PayPal Credit financing.
- Best for Instant Text Alerts
Cove SecurityOur rating7.2Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on Cove Security:
Although Cove Security launched just a couple of years ago, it offers some unique perks, such as the ability to completely avoid a contract by paying for equipment upfront. Another major selling point is Cove’s ease of installation.
★ Recommended plan: Build your own
- Affordable monitoring and equipment
- Installation takes about half an hour
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Limited equipment selection
- Does not connect to Z-Wave equipment
- Smartphone app only available with the most expensive monitoring package
Cove also does not require a credit check for their security system. If you choose the Economy Plan, which allows you to pay for your system over time, Cove still will not check your credit. You’ll only have to pay an extra $10/mo. for your monitoring fee.
- Best for Video Doorbells
Ring Home SecurityBBB ratingNRStarting at$10/mo
Our take on Ring Home Security:
Ring is a popular DIY camera choice, especially for those that aren’t looking for whole-home security quite yet. Its security systems and cameras can give you affordable security, monitoring and surveillance without a contract.
Recommended package: 14-Piece Security Alarm Kit
- Inexpensive equipment and professional monitoring
- Easy to install
- A range of security camera devices for outdoor surveillance
- Video recording not available without a Ring Protect Plan
- Higher-tiered packages cover more area but don’t add any features
- Cellular backup not available without a Ring Protect Plan
Ring has very inexpensive professional monitoring — $10/mo. to be exact. You’ll also get access to Ring’s many camera and smart lighting options.
- Best for Self-Monitoring
Abode SecurityBBB ratingCStarting at$6/mo
Our take on Abode Home Security:
Abode lets you create your home security package based on your equipment and monitoring needs. Choose between DIY and professional monitoring for your DIY equipment to give you the best home security at an affordable price.
★Recommended package: The Iota All-In-One Security Kit
- Flexible monitoring plans
- Option for short-term professional monitoring
- Access to an all-in-one security system
- Professional monitoring only available in the highest tiered monitoring plan
- Cellular backup not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Understanding custom home automation features could be difficult for some
Abode also touts a very low monthly monitoring rate – currently $8.33/mo. One of Abode’s biggest assets is its smart home connectivity, allowing you to connect and use up to 160 smart devices with your security system.
- Best for Smart Home Integration Options
Scout AlarmOur rating8Starting at$9.99/mo
Our take on Scout Alarm
Scout is a DIY smart security option that gives you more control of your security and smart home devices. Your pack connects your favorite smart lights, garage openers and more. You’ll have ultimate control and convenience together with Scout.
Recommended Package: Architect Pack
- No contract required
- Unique RFID door panel for arming and disarming
- Lots of home automation integration capabilities
- Not very many smart devices to choose from
- No professional installation option
- Professional monitoring not available with Always On plan
Scout does not require a credit check for its security systems and also offers professional monitoring at the low monthly cost of $19.99/mo. As an added bonus, for $19.99/mo., you’ll get free cloud storage for your first security camera or video doorbell camera.
Frequently Asked Questions About No Credit Check Security Systems
Typically, security companies will run a credit check if you’re seeking to finance your security system. In some cases, this is a soft credit check. If you’re only making a one-time purchase, such as in paying for all of your equipment upfront, then companies usually won’t check your credit.
If you get professional monitoring, yes you’ll have to pay a monthly fee. Even if you’re on a budget, there are affordable home security systems and monitoring plans. Each of the providers above have lower monthly monitoring prices than what you could expect to see with other providers, such as those that require professional installation.
Yes, each of the providers above have smart home devices you can choose from to automate certain functions of your home.
Yes, most of the providers above have security camera options you can choose from to help with monitoring your home. Abode is the only exception. Although Abode currently doesn’t have a camera you can purchase, the company is planning to release the Abode Cam in April 2020.