Compare Top Providers
Pro. monitoring starts at
|Professional||Professional||Professional||DIY or Professional||DIY|
|36 months||Optional||42-60 mos. or pay for equipment in full||None||None|
Smart home compatibility
|Option to extend limited warranty||1-year warranty||120-day equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty|
About Scottsdale, AZ
Scottsdale is a desert gem, surrounded by the city of Phoenix, the Salt River, the McDowell Mountains and Tonto National Forest. Known for its golf courses and charming Old Town neighborhood, the city offers visitors and residents plenty of chances to enjoy both: Scottsdale sees more than 300 sunny days each year on average. The Phoenix suburb is also known for its spa retreats, where people looking to relax can soak up some desert sun or cool off indoors with self-care treatments. Despite its great reputation, the city of Scottsdale is in close proximity to the more populous capital city, and having a home security system is a smart idea for all types of homes here.
Scottsdale Crime Statistics
Neighborhood tracking website Neighborhood Scout gives Scottsdale a crime rating of 22/100, meaning that it is safer than just 22% of other American cities. Still, the website notes that Scottsdale residents are far less likely to be involved in a violent crime than in Greater Arizona. The robbery and assault rates are also much more favorable in Scottsdale (0.34 and 0.81 per 1,000 people, respectively) than the national crime rate.
In 2018, the FBI reported the following crimes in Scottsdale:
- 4,700 incidents of larceny-theft
- 711 incidents of burglary
- 206 incidents of aggravated assault
- 272 incidents of motor vehicle theft
- 87 incidents of robbery
- Best for Wireless Security
Alert 360 has a Five Diamond-certified alarm monitoring center and certified monitoring specialists. With streamlined home security and automation, Alert 360 is prepared to detect emergencies, alert residents and automate certain security measures. Users can choose from four home security packages: the Smart Door Lock, Smart Home Video, Door Command and Complete Smart Home.
- Steep discounts for switching over from an existing security system
- Free mobile monitoring app is compatible with every package
- HVAC compatibility with almost any 24V system for smart thermostats
- Installation is not free
- Cameras not available with every package
- Short warranty period
- Best home security for industry experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best smart home security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint is our top choice for smart home security with an extensive line of equipment filled with smart features. The control panel also doubles as a smart hub. The only downside is that Vivint requires a long-term contract if you finance the equipment. Professional monitoring and installation are also required.
- Smart Hub to connect and control smart home and security devices
- Extensive smart features for security equipment including package detection and Smart Deter
- Wide range of security and smart home equipment
- Contract required for service and financed equipment.
- Professional monitoring and installation required
- Expensive equipment compared to other providers
- Best overall DIY security system
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe Home Security is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment, and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Best pet-friendly home security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short trial period (30 days)
- No professional installation option
Best Home Security Systems of 2020
Other Local Home Security Providers for Scottsdale
- Bulwark Home Security: Bulwark Home Security has earned 5/5 stars on Google Reviews.
- Titan Alarm: Titan Alarm has an extensive offering of home and office security features, including fire protection.
- Black Hat Security: You can take advantage of remote access, home security and energy management services from Black Hat Security.
- AZ Alarm Company: The AZ Alarm Company has the best Angie’s List rating for alarm companies in the state.
Surrounding Areas For Scottsdale
Scottsdale security companies also offer services in the following regional areas:
- Phoenix, AZ
- Mesa, AZ
- Glendale, AZ
- Tempe, AZ
- Gilbert, AZ,
- Chandler, AZ
- Surprise, AZ
Common Home Security Equipment and Features
As one of the sentinels in your home, the motion sensor captures unusual activity, and your system lets you know. Some providers have motion sensors that are designed to be pet-friendly, avoiding pets under 80 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Learn more about motion sensors here in our post.
Door/window sensors are sentinels for your entry points. Most have a discreet profile so they’re not easily seen, but once an entry point is breached, your control panel sounds an alarm to let the intruder know they’ve been caught. Learn more about the door/window sensors offered by Frontpoint, Protect America, and SimpliSafe.
Indoor security camera
If you want to be able to monitor the interior of your home, communicate with family members, and check in on pets, then choosing an indoor security camera is a great option. Most indoor cameras feature HD video, come with night vision, and have two-way communication. Learn more about indoor security camera options offered by SimpliSafe, Vivint, and Abode.
Outdoor security camera
With a smart thermostat, you can potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most smart thermostats allow you to program them, creating a schedule for when your home’s heating and cooling system turns on. Some will also automatically adjust themselves based on certain conditions. Learn more about the smart thermostats offered by Vivint, Frontpoint, and ADT.
Go keyless with a smart lock, designed so you can easily lock or unlock your door via app. Some smart locks have a keycode feature, allowing you to set unique PINs for family members and or professionals who may need to access your home. Learn more about the smart locks offered by Guardian Protection, Protect America, and Scout.
Can’t decide? Compare top providers side-by-side: ADT vs. SimpliSafe, Vivint vs. Frontpoint, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions for Scottsdale
With property crimes in Scottsdale slightly above the national average, cameras and door alarms are vital components of any home security system in Scottsdale.
You can get a home alarm system without a contract in Scottsdale, though many major providers do require one. If you want to go contract-free, look for a package from Alert 360, SimpliSafe and Frontpoint.
Almost every home security company we reviewed in Scottsdale includes professional installation. If you’d like to go the DIY route, stick with Frontpoint.
If you don’t want to invest in a full, semi-permanent or permanent alarm system, options like Nest and SimpliSafe are a good choice. You get access to cameras and door alarms without any permanent fixtures.
Most of the home alarms and security features we reviewed offer smart technology. This ranges from thermostat management to remote unlocking.