Compare Top Providers
Pro. monitoring starts at
|Professional||Professional||Professional||DIY or Professional||DIY|
|36 months||Optional, 36-month minimum||42-60 mos. or pay for equipment in full||None||None|
Smart home compatibility
|Option to extend limited warranty||None||120-day equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty|
Glendale, Arizona, offers its residents a wide variety of sports, culture and entertainment options set against a stunning desert backdrop. The silver, spaceship-like State Farm Stadium hosts the MLB Arizona Cardinals, while the Gila River Arena hosts the NHL’s Arizona Coyotes and internationally renowned music artists and performers. Those who appreciate Glendale’s desert landscape can tour the Xeriscape Botanical Garden or the Desert Botanical Garden. History lovers will enjoy the Sahuaro Ranch Park Historical Area and the Glendale Police Museum. Locals can also enjoy the centrally located Murphy Park, named after one of the very first Glendale founders, J.W. Murphy. However, just like any other city, Glendale experiences crime, so it’s beneficial to stay protected with a home security system.
Glendale Crime Stats
Neighborhood Scout cites Glendale as having an average annual crime rate of 35.5 per 1,000 residents, making it safer than just 10% of U.S. cities. Your chance of becoming a victim of violent crime in Glendale is about 1 in 292, comparable to Arizona’s average of 1 in 220. Unfortunately, your risk of property crime is quite a bit higher at 1 in 31 compared to Arizona’s rate of 1 in 41. The FBI reported that the following crimes occurred in Glendale in 2018:
- 7,491 incidents of larceny-theft
- 1,641 incidents of burglary
- 723 incidents of aggravated assault
- 1,054 incidents of motor vehicle theft
- 325 incidents of robbery
- Best Overall DIY Security System
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
★ Recommended package: Barrington
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Best for Wireless Security
Alert 360 has a Five Diamond-certified alarm monitoring center and certified monitoring specialists. With streamlined home security and automation, Alert 360 is prepared to detect emergencies, alert residents and automate certain security measures. Users can choose from four home security packages: the Smart Door Lock, Smart Home Video, Door Command and Complete Smart Home.
- Steep discounts for switching over from an existing security system
- Free mobile monitoring app is compatible with every package
- HVAC compatibility with almost any 24V system for smart thermostats
- Installation is not free
- Cameras not available with every package
- Short warranty period
- Best Home Security for Industry Experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
ADT’s a well-recognized name in the home security industry. It offers traditional security that requires professional installation and monitoring at a steep price.
★ Recommended Plan
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best Smart Home Security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint has an extensive line of smart security equipment that you can expand over time. The downside is that you’ll have a long-term contract if you finance your equipment.
★ Recommended Plan
Vivint’s Smart Home Service is our recommended plan because it unlocks a larger selection of smart home devices, as well as video monitoring.
- Month-to-month contract option if equipment is purchased upfront
- Backup battery included with the Sky Control panel
- Extensive equipment features, including Vivint Car Guard
- Long contract if equipment is financed
- Installation can take 3-4 hours
- Short (120-day) equipment warranty and service guarantee (unless you purchase Premium)
- Best Pet-Friendly Home Security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
Frontpoint lets you choose both your package and monitoring plan to help build the perfect home security system for renters and homeowners alike. Monitoring can be costly, but free DIY installation helps lower costs without reducing reliability or protection.
★ Recommended Plan
Our recommended Frontpoint plan is the Safe Home Starter equipment package combined with the Ultimate monitoring plan, which will give you access to a smartphone app for monitoring your security devices.
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short (30 days) trial period
- No professional installation option
Other Local Providers
Due to Arizona’s hot, dry climate and desert geography, you might want to consider shopping local for your alarm system. Local providers can offer technicians and support staff familiar with Glendale and its surrounding areas. Here are a few additional Glendale alarm companies to consider for your home security system.
- RedLine Alarm Company: RedLine is family owned and operated. It’s based in nearby Phoenix and serves Glendale and surrounding areas.
- Gold Eagle Alarms: Gold Eagle Alarms offers new home security system installation, existing security system repair, system upgrades, and alarm system monitoring for Glendale residents.
- Bulwark Security Systems: Bulwark offers home security systems starting at $28 a month, with professional installation and a lifetime warranty.
- ARCO Lock & Security: Arco Lock & Security can rekey your doors and install your home security system.
Additional Areas Covered
Glendale home security providers may also provide services in nearby areas of Arizona, including:
- Paradise Valley
Common Home Security Equipment and Features
As one of the sentinels in your home, the motion sensor captures unusual activity, and your system lets you know. Some providers have motion sensors that are designed to be pet-friendly, avoiding pets under 80 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Learn more about motion sensors here in our post.
Door/window sensors are sentinels for your entry points. Most have a discreet profile so they’re not easily seen, but once an entry point is breached, your control panel sounds an alarm to let the intruder know they’ve been caught. Learn more about the door/window sensors offered by Frontpoint, Protect America, and SimpliSafe.
Indoor security camera
If you want to be able to monitor the interior of your home, communicate with family members, and check in on pets, then choosing an indoor security camera is a great option. Most indoor cameras feature HD video, come with night vision, and have two-way communication. Learn more about indoor security camera options offered by SimpliSafe, Vivint, and Abode.
Outdoor security camera
With a smart thermostat, you can potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most smart thermostats allow you to program them, creating a schedule for when your home’s heating and cooling system turns on. Some will also automatically adjust themselves based on certain conditions. Learn more about the smart thermostats offered by Vivint, Frontpoint, and ADT.
Go keyless with a smart lock, designed so you can easily lock or unlock your door via app. Some smart locks have a keycode feature, allowing you to set unique PINs for family members and or professionals who may need to access your home. Learn more about the smart locks offered by Guardian Protection, Protect America, and Scout.
Can’t decide? Compare top providers side-by-side: ADT vs. SimpliSafe, Vivint vs. Frontpoint, and more.
FAQs for Glendale
Due to Glendale’s relatively high rates of property crime, it’s a good idea to install outdoor cameras, motion lights and a video doorbell. These devices can act as visual deterrents to burglars and provide solid evidence to authorities if a crime does occur.
Our top home security pick for renters in Glendale is SimpliSafe. SimpliSafe’s DIY wireless alarm system packages start at just $229, and monitoring starts at $15 per month. SimpliSafe does not require a contract, so you can cancel your monitoring at any time and take your home security system with you when you move.
National security companies offering DIY installation in Glendale include SimpliSafe, Cove and Blue by ADT. Most local alarm companies do not offer DIY options.