Compare Top Providers
Pro. monitoring starts at
|Professional||Professional||Professional||DIY or Professional||DIY|
|36 months||Choice of one, two, or three years||42-60 mos. or pay for equipment in full||None||None|
Smart home compatibility
|Option to extend limited warranty||Unlimited lifetime||120-day equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty|
Gilbert, Arizona, is part of the large metropolitan area of Phoenix, which is home to almost 5 million people. Gilbert is southeast of Phoenix proper and has around 250,000 residents. Once known as the hay shipping capital of the world, the Gilbert area has a history dating back to 1891, when the first homesteads were established there. For much of its history, the Gilbert area was a rich farming community. Today, Gilbert is part of the vast Phoenix metroplex, but the area is still home to natural attractions such as the Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch, San Tan Mountain Regional Park and Veterans Oasis Park.
Whether you live in Gilbert now or you’re considering a move there, you’ll no doubt want to weigh your options when it comes to home security systems. We’re outlining Gilbert’s top home security companies to help you find the right security solution for your household.
Gilbert Crime Stats
Gilbert has a low crime rate compared to many other cities of its size. In fact, Neighborhood Scout rates Gilbert as safer than 45% of other U.S. Cities. Property crime per thousand residents in Gilbert is much lower than the national median. Still, larceny-theft is not uncommon in Gilbert, and burglaries do occur. The 2018 FBI crime report indicates that the following crimes were reported in Gilbert in 2018:
- 2,715 incidents of larceny-theft
- 406 incidents of burglary
- 152 incidents of motor vehicle theft
- 125 incidents of aggravated assault
- 32 incidents of robbery
- Best home security for industry experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best for personalized service
Bulwark AlarmBBB ratingA+Starting at$27.99/mo
With a special emphasis on customer service, Bulwark Alarm is a local, family-owned company with an experienced team. The company’s $500 theft protection guarantee is rarely seen in local providers, and pricing is very competitive. Bulwark also offers several contract options depending on your needs.
- $500 protection guarantee
- Competitive pricing
- Six-month trial period
- No home automation
- No DIY installation
- No month-to-month arrangement
- Best smart home security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint is our top choice for smart home security with an extensive line of equipment filled with smart features. The control panel also doubles as a smart hub. The only downside is that Vivint requires a long-term contract if you finance the equipment. Professional monitoring and installation are also required.
- Smart Hub to connect and control smart home and security devices
- Extensive smart features for security equipment including package detection and Smart Deter
- Wide range of security and smart home equipment
- Contract required for service and financed equipment.
- Professional monitoring and installation required
- Expensive equipment compared to other providers
- Best overall DIY security system
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe Home Security is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment, and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Best pet-friendly home security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short trial period (30 days)
- No professional installation option
Other Local Providers
Being part of the huge Phoenix metropolitan area means Gilbert residents enjoy access to many high-quality home security providers. Here are some of our favorites from the region:
- Smart Security: Smart Security offers smart alarm systems and cameras, along with professional installation, service and monitoring.
- Envision Security: Envision Security’s staff boasts over 30 years of experience in the home security industry. Envision offers a full array of home security, home automation and camera solutions.
- One Home Protection: By partnering with widely recognized brands, such as Brinks and Alarm.com, One Home Protection can offer award-winning security products and smart home automation while focusing on its goal of 100% customer satisfaction.
- PYP Smart: In addition to standard home security devices, PYP Smart offers a variety of smart home and security automation products such as geofencing, severe weather alerts, doorbell cameras, Amazon Echo sync and more.
- Platinum Alarm: Based in Phoenix, Platinum Alarm offers custom installation and home security consultation, as well as environmental sensors and leak and freeze sensors.
Additional Areas Covered
Home security providers serving Gilbert may also serve nearby areas of Arizona, including:
- Apache Junction
- Casa Grande
- Fountain Hills
- Paradise Valley
- Sun City
Common Home Security Equipment and Features
As one of the sentinels in your home, the motion sensor captures unusual activity, and your system lets you know. Some providers have motion sensors that are designed to be pet-friendly, avoiding pets under 80 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Learn more about motion sensors here in our post.
Door/window sensors are sentinels for your entry points. Most have a discreet profile so they’re not easily seen, but once an entry point is breached, your control panel sounds an alarm to let the intruder know they’ve been caught. Learn more about the door/window sensors offered by Frontpoint, Protect America, and SimpliSafe.
Indoor security camera
If you want to be able to monitor the interior of your home, communicate with family members, and check in on pets, then choosing an indoor security camera is a great option. Most indoor cameras feature HD video, come with night vision, and have two-way communication. Learn more about indoor security camera options offered by SimpliSafe, Vivint, and Abode.
Outdoor security camera
With a smart thermostat, you can potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most smart thermostats allow you to program them, creating a schedule for when your home’s heating and cooling system turns on. Some will also automatically adjust themselves based on certain conditions. Learn more about the smart thermostats offered by Vivint, Frontpoint, and ADT.
Go keyless with a smart lock, designed so you can easily lock or unlock your door via app. Some smart locks have a keycode feature, allowing you to set unique PINs for family members and or professionals who may need to access your home. Learn more about the smart locks offered by Guardian Protection, Protect America, and Scout.
Can’t decide? Compare top providers side-by-side: ADT vs. SimpliSafe, Vivint vs. Frontpoint, and more.
FAQs for Gilbert
Larceny-theft is the most reported crime in Gilbert, so it’s a good idea to protect your home and valuables with good entry detection and a reputable 24/7 professional monitoring service. Security cameras are also a good investment for Gilbert residents.
Smart Security, Bulwark Alarm, Envision Security, One Home Protection, PYP Smart and Platinum Alarm all offer a variety of camera system options. National firms such as Brinks, Blue by ADT and SimpliSafe also offer cameras.
Local providers typically don’t offer a DIY installation option. For national providers with great DIY plans, we recommend checking out SimpliSafe, Cove and Blue by ADT. All of these companies make it easy to install your own equipment and take it with you when you move.
For a good selection of home automation devices, such as automatic locks, thermostats, garage door openers, lights and more, try Envision Security, One Home Protection or PYP Smart. National providers like ADT also offer smart home devices.