Most Recommended Security Provider Packages
By asking users what they are looking for from their home security provider, we are able to match them with the best suited security package. Want to skip the questions and see the most common recommendations? Compare the top four security packages recommended through our questionnaire.
Security System Cost Breakdown
The cost of your home security system can vary based on the price of equipment, alarm monitoring, installation and more. Security system equipment is a large portion of what you pay for, with products including security cameras, motion sensors and additional smart security options. Home security equipment typically costs about $200 in upfront costs or $25/month for in fees. Professional alarm monitoring should also factor into your security costs, with most monitoring services ranging from $15 to $35/month. Having a monitored home security system allows you to have greater peace of mind knowing that your security company is watching over your home 24/7. You will also need to choose which installation option you prefer for your alarm system: professional or DIY. Professional security installation can cost over $200, but the benefit is that you ensure your home security equipment is properly functioning in your home. While home security systems are a big investment, there is a great payoff in feeling safe and secure in your own home.
Home Security Facts
Safety.com conducted a home security survey to find out more about security system ownership and the motivation behind security alarm purchases. Here’s a few insights about home security systems:
- Just 38% of Americans own a home security product.
- Of respondents who don’t own a home security product, 33% choose not to because they can’t afford it.
- 50% of respondents who own security products wanted to add extra security to their home.
- Home security product ownership is most popular amongst 18-34 year olds, with 41% of this demographic owning a security product or system.
- Video doorbells are the most popular security product owned (18.2%) with a professionally monitored home security system (16.2%) as 2nd most popular.
- 74.3% of survey respondents said their new home security system or product makes them feel safe.