Compare Top Providers
Allied Fire and Security
Pro. monitoring starts at
|$45.99/mo.||Contact for a quote||$29.99/mo.||$14.99/mo.||$44.99/mo.|
|Professional||Professional||Professional||DIY or Professional||DIY|
|36 months||Call for details||42-60 mos. or pay for equipment in full||None||None|
Smart home compatibility
|Option to extend limited warranty||$10,000 theft loss warranty||120-day equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty||3-year limited equipment warranty|
Home Security in Spokane, WA
Spokane doesn’t mean “Children of the Sun” in the Salish language for no reason. With sunshine occurring nearly half of the year, not to mention easy access to the Spokane River and nearby recreational areas such as Silver Lake and Clear Lake, the residents of Spokane have plenty of opportunities to leave their homes and enjoy the great outdoors. But what if locking your door isn’t enough to make you feel protected from potential burglars? A home security system from a local or national provider can ease your worries every time you step outside. We’ve looked at some of the best local providers to help you make your choice.
Spokane Crime Stats
The entire state of Washington has the sixth-highest property crime rate and ninth-highest motor vehicle theft rate in the U.S. Based on the FBI’s 2018 report of offenses known to law enforcement, Spokane has some of the highest reported levels of property crime in the state. The downtown area running north of the I-96 corridor is where Spokane residents are most likely to experience crime.
The FBI’s 2018 crime stats in Spokane break down as follows:
- 11,631 incidents of larceny-theft
- 2,130 incidents of burglary
- 1,086 incidents of aggravated assault
- 1,678 incidents of motor vehicle theft
- 297 incidents of robbery
Spokane Spotlight: Allied Fire and Security — Local Security Provider
Allied Fire and Security was founded in 1948 and is currently owned by Vyanet. It provides home security systems, home automation devices and 24/7 alarm monitoring to residents in the Spokane area.
All of Allied’s home security packages include fire protection devices. They also provide sophisticated indoor and outdoor cameras that you can monitor via mobile app. With a special focus on home automation, Allied Fire and Security also provides a range of smart devices that you can control from your phone, including lights, door locks and the thermostat. You’ll need to call to receive a quote.
- Regional WA Provider
Allied Fire and SecurityBBB ratingA+Starting at$Call for a Quote/mo
Allied Fire and Security provides a nice blend of professional assistance combined with the ability to self-monitor all cameras and devices via a mobile app. With a range of high-quality equipment on offer, it’s worth contacting this Spokane-area security company for a quote.
- Home automation devices
- Ability to self-monitor
- Fire protection in all packages
- Pricing information not available online
- Contract information not available online
- Alarm monitoring only
- Best home security for industry experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best smart home security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint is our top choice for smart home security with an extensive line of equipment filled with smart features. The control panel also doubles as a smart hub. The only downside is that Vivint requires a long-term contract if you finance the equipment. Professional monitoring and installation are also required.
- Smart Hub to connect and control smart home and security devices
- Extensive smart features for security equipment including package detection and Smart Deter
- Wide range of security and smart home equipment
- Contract required for service and financed equipment.
- Professional monitoring and installation required
- Expensive equipment compared to other providers
- Best overall DIY security system
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe Home Security is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment, and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Best pet-friendly home security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short trial period (30 days)
- No professional installation option
Best Home Security Systems of 2020
Additional Local Home Security Providers for Spokane
Spokane residents may also want to look into these local provider options:
- Advanced Electric & Alarm Systems Inc. has more than 30 years of experience installing home security systems in Spokane, WA.
- Certified Security and Sound provides a variety of up-to-date security cameras, alarms and environmental monitoring devices.
- Total Security Inc. is an authorized Brinks Home Security dealer, providing local support and installation for nationally recognized equipment and monitoring services.
- Secure Pacific Corporation’s Spokane location makes it easy for residents in this area to have each alarm verified in real time by a monitoring team.
Surrounding Areas for Spokane
Home security providers in Spokane may also provide installation and monitoring services to the following surrounding areas:
- Spokane Valley, Washington
- Country Homes, Washington
- Springdale, Washington
- Diamond Lake, Washington
- Ford, Washington
- Davenport, Washington
- Reardon, Washington
- Sprague, Washington
- Cheney, Washington
- Spangle, Washington
- Rosalia, Washington
- Rockford, Washington
- Hayden, Idaho
- Kellogg, Idaho
- Worley, Idaho
- Spirit Lake, Idaho
- Bayview, Idaho
Common Home Security Equipment and Features
As one of the sentinels in your home, the motion sensor captures unusual activity, and your system lets you know. Some providers have motion sensors that are designed to be pet-friendly, avoiding pets under 80 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Learn more about motion sensors here in our post.
Door/window sensors are sentinels for your entry points. Most have a discreet profile so they’re not easily seen, but once an entry point is breached, your control panel sounds an alarm to let the intruder know they’ve been caught. Learn more about the door/window sensors offered by Frontpoint, Protect America, and SimpliSafe.
Indoor security camera
If you want to be able to monitor the interior of your home, communicate with family members, and check in on pets, then choosing an indoor security camera is a great option. Most indoor cameras feature HD video, come with night vision, and have two-way communication. Learn more about indoor security camera options offered by SimpliSafe, Vivint, and Abode.
Outdoor security camera
With a smart thermostat, you can potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most smart thermostats allow you to program them, creating a schedule for when your home’s heating and cooling system turns on. Some will also automatically adjust themselves based on certain conditions. Learn more about the smart thermostats offered by Vivint, Frontpoint, and ADT.
Go keyless with a smart lock, designed so you can easily lock or unlock your door via app. Some smart locks have a keycode feature, allowing you to set unique PINs for family members and or professionals who may need to access your home. Learn more about the smart locks offered by Guardian Protection, Protect America, and Scout.
Can’t decide? Compare top providers side-by-side: ADT vs. SimpliSafe, Vivint vs. Frontpoint, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions for Spokane
Because Spokane experiences quite a few thefts, it’s important to scare away would-be thieves and to collect identifying information when they are bold enough to carry out their plans. Look for doorbell cameras with two-way audio to deter and identify package thieves, plus window and door sensors to quickly alert the authorities of a successful break-in.
You can get professional home security system installation in Spokane through Allied Fire and Security, Advanced Electric and Alarm Systems, Total Security Inc, Secure Pacific Corp and Certified Security and Sound, but you may have to pay an installation fee.