Home Security in Little Rock
Little Rock is the capital city of Arkansas, and perhaps most famous for being the hometown of the 42nd American President, Bill Clinton. He and his wife, Hillary Clinton, owned homes near the city’s Prospect Terrace Park, and the picturesque Knoop Park. When Clinton was the governor of Arkansas, they also resided in the Governor’s Mansion, set in a well-to-do downtown neighborhood that is now a historic district and desirable area to live. The Clinton legacy has further left its mark on Little Rock with the dedication of several monuments and buildings, such as the Clinton Presidential Center and Park and the Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport.
Of course, Little Rock has more to offer beyond its rich political history. The city also has a thriving food culture, with many foodie destinations, culinary festivals, distilleries and bars. Little Rock is also very family-friendly, offering many activities for parents and their children to enjoy together. If you’re a current or soon-to-be Little Rock resident, you may be looking for ways to keep your home safe and secure. Here, we’ll give you a rundown on some of the area’s best home security providers so that you can find your best option.
Little Rock Crime Statistics
The FBI’s 2018 Crime in the United States Report shows that Little Rock has far more crime than even some of the state’s other large cities. Even though its numbers are lower than many other capitals, Little Rock’s property crime rate is 198% higher than the national average. Here are the FBI’s 2018 totals for several types of crime in Little Rock:
- 371 incidents of robbery
- 2,079 incidents of burglary
- 9,850 incidents of larceny-theft
- 1,120 incidents of motor vehicle theft
- 2,253 incidents of aggravated assault
Little Rock Spotlight: Interactive Security Solutions — Local Service Provider
Interactive Security Solutions is based in Mayflower, Arkansas, just between Conway and Little Rock. It offers service throughout the central Arkansas region. This brand’s security experts bring over 40 years of security experience to the table, though the company itself was established in 2012. Its technicians have extensive hands-on experience designing and installing even the most complex custom home security systems. This has earned Interactive Security Solutions an excellent reputation for hassle-free installs and outstanding customer service.
All customers receive a free security analysis prior to installation. This is done to determine the most effective products and configurations for your custom security system. ISS installs alarm systems from 2GIG (backed by Alarm.com and Brinks), as well as GE, Honeywell, and other brands. Interactive Security Solutions favors Alibi Security cameras. Contact the company for pricing and package information.
Local Provider Card
- Best Overall DIY Security System
SimpliSafe Home SecurityOur rating9.9Starting at$14.99/mo
Our take on SimpliSafe Home Security:
SimpliSafe is our top pick for inexpensive monitoring, durable equipment and reliable services that simplify home security. You’ll have all the right devices and features to give you peace of mind — even when the unexpected happens.
★ Recommended package: Barrington
- Inexpensive professional monitoring
- Wireless equipment
- Cellular monitoring
- Mobile alerts not available in the basic monitoring plan
- No selection of smart home devices
- Smart home capabilities not available in the basic monitoring plan
- Local AR Provider
Interactive Security SolutionsBBB ratingA+Starting at$$24.99/mo
Interactive Security Solutions is a reliable local brand that you can trust to deliver customized security solutions that cover all of the unique needs of your household.
- Professional Installation
- Great Customer Service
- Custom Security Systems
- Expensive Monitoring
- Long Monitoring contracts
- Nontransparent Pricing
- Best Home Security for Industry Experience
Our Take on ADT Home Security
ADT’s a well-recognized name in the home security industry. It offers traditional security that requires professional installation and monitoring at a steep price.
★ Recommended Plan
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- $500 theft protection guarantee
- High-quality equipment
- Must pay for an extended warranty
- Lengthy contracts
- More expensive than competitors
- Best Smart Home Security
Our Take on Vivint Home Security
Vivint has an extensive line of smart security equipment that you can expand over time. The downside is that you’ll have a long-term contract if you finance your equipment.
★ Recommended Plan
Vivint’s Smart Home Service is our recommended plan because it unlocks a larger selection of smart home devices, as well as video monitoring.
- Month-to-month contract option if equipment is purchased upfront
- Backup battery included with the Sky Control panel
- Extensive equipment features, including Vivint Car Guard
- Long contract if equipment is financed
- Installation can take 3-4 hours
- Short (120-day) equipment warranty and service guarantee (unless you purchase Premium)
- Best Pet-Friendly Home Security
Our Take on Frontpoint Home Security
Frontpoint lets you choose both your package and monitoring plan to help build the perfect home security system for renters and homeowners alike. Monitoring can be costly, but free DIY installation helps lower costs without reducing reliability or protection.
★ Recommended Plan
Our recommended Frontpoint plan is the Safe Home Starter equipment package combined with the Ultimate monitoring plan, which will give you access to a smartphone app for monitoring your security devices.
- No lengthy contracts
- Excellent customer service
- Variety of equipment to choose from
- Monitoring fees are relatively expensive
- Short (30 days) trial period
- No professional installation option
Best Home Security Systems of 2020
Other Local Home Security Providers for Little Rock
If local service is a priority for you, there are several Little Rock providers that you can consider.
- Advanced Alarms of Arkansas: This provider is located in Greenbrier and services all of central Arkansas. The family-owned and operated business supplies Honeywell home security equipment, as well as home automation devices.
- 7 Smart Security: This Little Rock brand has been operating since 2006 as an authorized dealer of security products and monitoring services from Alarm.com and Brinks Home Security.
- Alder: Alder’s service spans from Little Rock to Lafayette, and offers DIY equipment setup. It reports that its monitoring center responds to medical, fire and burglary alarms 10 times faster than competing companies.
- Keep Out Services: Established in 1977, this brand has a long track record of serving everywhere within a 50-mile radius of central Arkansas. It provides home security system installation service and 24/7 monitoring.
- Arkansas Protection Services: A Little Rock-based provider that offers a full scope of home security services, from 24-hour monitoring and CCTV surveillance, to access controls, alarm systems and smart home devices.
Surrounding Areas For Little Rock
Among the home security providers listed here, there’s plenty of security coverage beyond Little Rock’s city limits. These brands serve many surrounding areas around Little Rock, including:
- Sherwood, Arkansas
- Jacksonville, Arkansas
- Lonoke, Arkansas
- England, Arkansas
- Benton, Arkansas
- Sheridan, Arkansas
- Cabot, Arkansas
- Conway, Arkansas
- Hot Springs, Arkansas
Common Home Security Equipment and Features
As one of the sentinels in your home, the motion sensor captures unusual activity, and your system lets you know. Some providers have motion sensors that are designed to be pet-friendly, avoiding pets under 80 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Learn more about motion sensors here in our post.
Door/window sensors are sentinels for your entry points. Most have a discreet profile so they’re not easily seen, but once an entry point is breached, your control panel sounds an alarm to let the intruder know they’ve been caught. Learn more about the door/window sensors offered by Frontpoint, Protect America, and SimpliSafe.
Indoor security camera
If you want to be able to monitor the interior of your home, communicate with family members, and check in on pets, then choosing an indoor security camera is a great option. Most indoor cameras feature HD video, come with night vision, and have two-way communication. Learn more about indoor security camera options offered by SimpliSafe, Vivint, and Abode.
Outdoor security camera
With a smart thermostat, you can potentially improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most smart thermostats allow you to program them, creating a schedule for when your home’s heating and cooling system turns on. Some will also automatically adjust themselves based on certain conditions. Learn more about the smart thermostats offered by Vivint, Frontpoint, and ADT.
Go keyless with a smart lock, designed so you can easily lock or unlock your door via app. Some smart locks have a keycode feature, allowing you to set unique PINs for family members and or professionals who may need to access your home. Learn more about the smart locks offered by Guardian Protection, Protect America, and Scout.
Can’t decide? Compare top providers side-by-side: ADT vs. SimpliSafe, Vivint vs. Frontpoint, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions for Little Rock
The high rates of burglary, larceny-theft and aggravated assault in Little Rock mean that homes with alarm systems, live monitoring, door and window sensors and indoor and outdoor surveillance cameras all have an edge in safety.
Advanced Alarms of Arkansas, 7 Smart Security, Alder, Arkansas Protection Services, and Interactive Security Solutions offer smart home products. Blue by ADT, Cove and Vivint Smart Home have been recognized as some of the top national providers to offer smart home devices, too.