An Overview of ADT Home Security Services
ADT has over 140 years of experience in the home security industry and is a top provider with over 7 million customers who trust the company’s services. Some highlights of ADT’s services include packages designed with basic and advanced features, landline and cellular monitoring, a 6-Month Money-Back Guarantee and home automation features.
Our Scoring Table
Safety.com scores providers on these categories: Price, Standout Features, Equipment, Installation and Trial Period. To learn more about how we base our scores, check out how we analyze providers by each category.
ADT: Our Pick for Most Industry Experience
ADT’s longevity in the home security industry gives the company an advantage over other providers in terms of consumer trust. Check out our ADT security review of these six categories: price, stand-out features, equipment, installation and trial period.
When you compare the cost of ADT’s professional monitoring to other providers, it is competitive and about what you could expect when browsing similar providers. Prices for ADT’S professional monitoring range from $28.99/mo. to $50.99/mo. depending on the security package you chose. Compared to other providers, ADT’s 36-month contract length is about average across other industry providers as well.
The Traditional Package includes your basic security equipment plus a cellular connection while the Control Package takes things up a notch by adding the ADT mobile app and home automation integration. The ADT Video Package adds remote, live video surveillance so you can keep tabs on your home even while you’re away. Another aspect that we like about ADT security services is that you can customize your packages: if you need additional door or motion sensors, ADT has you covered.
ADT’s stand-out features include a variety of home automation products such as smart locks, smart lights, video doorbells, smart thermostats and more. These products can help to ensure that your doors are locked when you leave home, your lights are on before arriving home and much more. The ADT mobile app places more control at your fingertips so whether you’re at home or away, you can manage smart devices as well as arm or disarm your security system.
Want to go touchless? ADT takes home automation to the next level with the help of Amazon Alexa through compatible Amazon devices. You can have Alexa arm or disarm your system and take care of simple tasks like turning on and off your lights without having to touch your phone. One other factor that’s worth noting about home automation is that these features are not included in ADT’s basic package, so you’ll have to pay more to access these capabilities
ADT gives customers the option of choosing between a landline or cellular connection. If you’d prefer, you could even opt for a landline connection and use a cellular connection for your back-up: the choice is yours! ADT’s Safewatch CellGuard connection will prevent any lapse in your service should an emergency occur, so we highly recommend this type of connection for your home. ADT also helps pet owners avoid false alarms through motion sensor sensitivity adjustment. Your motion sensors can be adjusted according to your pet’s size.
An ADT technician will professionally install your security system. With a professional installation, you’ll have the ability to consult with certified service technicians who can answer your questions and get tailored advice about your home’s security needs.
We would also recommend a professional installation to customers who are not comfortable with navigating technology so as to avoid mistakes. This option would also be suitable for those who want to ensure they have the right equipment for their homes. If you’re on the other side of the fence and would like more freedom with equipment placement in your home, we would recommend a DIY security system instead.
One of the prominent aspects about ADT’s security services is the 6-Month Money Back Guarantee, which we believe really makes ADT stand out amongst other providers. This gives customers plenty of time to test and try out their system’s features to help determine if it’s a great fit. If you’re unhappy, ADT will refund the cost of your installation and or any monitoring fees.
In the event that your home is burglarized while your security system is armed, ADT will also pay up to $500 of your insurance deductible. This shows how ADT cares about their customers by assisting in the unfortunate event of burglary.
Try ADT for Time-Tested Home Security Services
We recommend ADT’s services to customers who want an experienced provider, professional installation and lots of options for building out their home security plan. With our ADT review, you know more about the provider’s strengths and how ADT’s services are great for protecting your home. Still shopping around? You can compare more providers here.
How We Score Providers
- Price – Each provider’s score is based on the affordability of equipment and professional monitoring services. We know a security system is an investment, but it shouldn’t break your budget.
- Stand-Out Features – Each provider’s score is based on the innovative equipment offered like smart home products, smart home integration, security cameras, mobile apps and other features. Providers with more stand-out features receive a higher rating from us as we want you to have the best technology.
- Equipment – Each provider’s score is based on special qualities of the products offered like cellular monitoring, hazard monitoring as well as smart home products. Providers who offer optional equipment receive a higher score. We believe that holistic safety services are beneficial to our readers.
- Installation – Providers receive a higher rank if the installation process is clear and customers have access to the resources they need for ensuring that their security system is set up properly, such as professional installation services or online how-to guides.
- Trial Period – Each provider’s score is based on trial period, coverage and ease of service cancellation. Providers who offer a longer trial period, have great coverage terms and an easier cancellation process receive higher scores. Consumers should have enough time to test whether a home security system meets their needs and expectations.